We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closest Beaches to Raleigh

Juno Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
987 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Closest Beaches to Raleigh

I am heading to Raliegh to visit with my daughter and have one or two nights to spend at the beach. Which is the closest beaches to Raleigh? also, which place to stay that is directly on the beach?

NC
Destination Expert
for Raleigh
Level Contributor
747 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Closest Beaches to Raleigh

Wrightsville is the closest beach, about 2 hours door to door. The City of Wilmington, a port town on the coast, is right next to Wrightsville.

Good on the beach hotels are the Holiday Inn Sunspree, the Blockade Runner, which have restaurants and amenities, etc. and Shell Island, which is a condo/rental place at the end of the island.

Topsail Island, NC
Level Contributor
977 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Closest Beaches to Raleigh

It's about 2 hours and 15 minutes to Topsail Island.

Oceanfront accommodations that I would recommend are the Villa Capriani and the St. Regis Resort, both of which are in North Topsail Beach.

Other nice places are the Island Inn and Tiffany's. They are not on the beach but Island Inn is just across from it and Tiffany's is a block or so away.

3. Re: Closest Beaches to Raleigh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 03:19