We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Day Raleigh Suggestions

B
10 posts
Save Topic
One Day Raleigh Suggestions

I'm going to be in Raleigh for the Krispy Kreme Challenge on February 7 at NC State. After the race I am planning on just hanging out in the area for the rest of the day, but don't have any ideas on what to do.

Any suggestions anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated! I would definitely like to do some things that are local...possibly see some of the college districts if they are easy to navigate. The hotel I'm staying at is close to the airport, but am willing to drive anywhere in the area.

NC
Destination Expert
for Raleigh
Level Contributor
753 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One Day Raleigh Suggestions

Congrats for doing the KKC! Such a crazy event.

I am going to make an assumption that you are on the younger side, so will send you to this downtown website: http://www.downtownraleigh.com/

Which does a good job of laying out the downtown districts and the things to see/do/eat in each. iIRC, you start and end the race at the NCSU belltower, so you will be right on the NCSU campus and Hillsborough Street. The KK is near Oakwood. This should give you your bearings on the map on that site. If you have particular questions about things listed there, feel free to ask, but that is a good place to start.

I you happen to be staying the night, Dave Grisman and John Sebastian are playing downtown, there are a number of big party/events, among tons of other things, I am sure.

Have fun!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,810 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One Day Raleigh Suggestions

If a basketball fan, both Duke and UNC have conference home games on 2/7. (NC State does not). Great venues and the teams aren't half bad either...

3. Re: One Day Raleigh Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 11:18