We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Restaurant for Baby Shower???

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
258 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Good Restaurant for Baby Shower???

Okay, so I admit, I've lived in Raleigh all my life, and never had this question come up. But a friend of mine is planning a baby shower. We don't want to go too expensive, but it's co-ed, and we'll have several people attending. Any ideas of a restaurant that is good with accomidating such a group? THANKS!

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
441 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Restaurant for Baby Shower???

What time of day, or night, about how many people and any particular side of town?

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
258 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Restaurant for Baby Shower???

We are looking at a Sunday afternoon, I'd say they are looking around the 2:00-4:00 time frame for it to begin. We have people coming from all over, (durham, clayton, garner, north Raleigh, South Raleigh, etc). We originally were thinking somewhere "fairly" central, like Capital Blvd, but I don't think the location is as much of a big deal as price and accomidation.

NC
Destination Expert
for Raleigh
Level Contributor
753 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Restaurant for Baby Shower???

Do you want a sit down, or just light snacks? Do you want alcohol? Do you want a separate room? What do you expect from the restaurant? In that time frame, it is not clear that you want the restaurant for food. Would it be better to just find a room to rent, for instance?

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
441 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Restaurant for Baby Shower???

If it's not during football or basketball season, I would suggest Tobacco Road, a new sports bar in Glenwood South or Clarence Foster's in Cameron Village or Croquette's at North Hills which has a private room that seats about 20.

You might also consider one of the Swim-Tennis clubs or one of the City parks.

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
526 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Restaurant for Baby Shower???

I've always found Bogarts one of the best for accommodating large group parties. They even have separate rooms for them. And hard to get a location more "central" than downtown.

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
258 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Restaurant for Baby Shower???

Thank you all, these all help so far! We would like to do light snacks/appetizers, and we'd like to have alcohol available to guests if they so choose. I will be checking into many of these suggestions soon! Thanks!!!

7. Re: Good Restaurant for Baby Shower???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 22:19