We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4-star hotels in Raleigh

Which Raleigh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hickory, North...
Level Contributor
95 posts
163 reviews
Save Topic
4-star hotels in Raleigh

Am thinking of bidding on Priceline for a 4-5 star hotel in Raleigh for this weekend. I understand from a review on TA that the new Renaissance North Hills is the only 4 star hotel in Raleigh, so it's easy to get a good rate. Is this correct?

NC
Destination Expert
for Raleigh
Level Contributor
738 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4-star hotels in Raleigh

I would not think of the Ren. as the nicest hotel in Raleigh. It is a nice new hotel, but I like the Marriott downtown better. The Ren, has the benefit of being in a upscale mall, but the MArriott is downtown. The nicest hotel in town is really in Cary, the Umstead, but it is as close to downtown Raleigh as North Hills (aka, "Midtown" where the Ren. is).

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
526 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4-star hotels in Raleigh

yeah, I don't know much about the star rating or whatever, but generally if someone asks me what I think the nicest hotel in the city is, I'd point them to the downtown Marriott. Very nice and brand-new, and one of the best locations you can get. Renaissance North Hills might have an extra luxury or two to give them that extra star or whatever, but I'd personally take a downtown hotel over one surrounded by a suburban shopping center any day.

Hickory, North...
Level Contributor
95 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4-star hotels in Raleigh

Thanks to you both. I appreciate your input.

4. Re: 4-star hotels in Raleigh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2010, 06:20