We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frankie's, Adventure Landing, Go Bananaz? Fun in Raleigh?

Opp, Alabama
Level Contributor
593 posts
152 reviews
Save Topic
Frankie's, Adventure Landing, Go Bananaz? Fun in Raleigh?

Which would you prefer on a Sunday, mid-November, kids ages 8 + 13, Grandma in tow? Comparisons? What do kids love to do in Raleigh? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Raleigh
Raleigh
North Carolina
NC
Destination Expert
for Raleigh
Level Contributor
780 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Frankie's, Adventure Landing, Go Bananaz? Fun in Raleigh?

I am not a good person to respond, as all these places are a bit of a nightmare in book. But I have been to Adventure Landing and can say that the go-carts are fun, as is the laser tag. The rest is prettying standard arcade (that's the part I don't like). I have also heard good tho HS about Frankie's.

Mentioned in this post
Adventure Landing
Adventure Landing
73 Reviews
Raleigh, NC
NC
Destination Expert
for Raleigh
Level Contributor
780 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Frankie's, Adventure Landing, Go Bananaz? Fun in Raleigh?

I am not a good person to respond, as all these places are a bit of a nightmare in book. But I have been to Adventure Landing and can say that the go-carts are fun, as is the laser tag. The rest is prettying standard arcade (that's the part I don't like). I have also heard good tho HS about Frankie's.

My kids are 11 and 15. On weekends, they like to bike the greenways, go downtown to festivals ( there always seems to be something), climb at Triangle Rock Club, go to Scrap Exchange, etc.

When they were younger, they loved the museum of life and science in Durham, the natural sciences museum in Raleigh, Pullen Park, etc.

Mentioned in this post
Adventure Landing
Adventure Landing
73 Reviews
Raleigh, NC
Durham
Durham
North Carolina
Raleigh
Raleigh
North Carolina
Pullen Park
Pullen Park
1,153 Reviews
Raleigh, NC
Opp, Alabama
Level Contributor
593 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Frankie's, Adventure Landing, Go Bananaz? Fun in Raleigh?

I know, none of them would be high on my personal list of choices of entertainment either, but sometimes ya gotta take one for the team, do something ridiculous that the kids really like, to be 'cool Aunt and Gramma.' It sounds like a few hours will cover whatever one we might choose.

The Triangle Rock Club might appeal to both kids, now know to ask them, thanks!

Do you think the 13-year-old will be bored by the natural science museum?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,502 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Frankie's, Adventure Landing, Go Bananaz? Fun in Raleigh?

I don't know of anyone who is bored by our Natural Science Museum--it is truly top-notch. Make sure to make it over to the new wing, the Natural Research Center, see scientists in action, do experiments, etc. It is a fantastic place (and the Daily Planet Cafe in the new wing is very good too).

http://naturalsciences.org/

My kids are 11, 15, and 17, and love to go to the museum.

Opp, Alabama
Level Contributor
593 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Frankie's, Adventure Landing, Go Bananaz? Fun in Raleigh?

Thanks! I'm really hoping everyone agrees on that.

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
8,678 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Frankie's, Adventure Landing, Go Bananaz? Fun in Raleigh?

My kids like the Natural Science Museum a lot and it's free. I think they prefer the NC Museum of Life & Science in Durham a little more because it has more different things (several different outdoor sections), but it's in Durham and it costs money.

If you really want cool grandma points you might check out Defy Gravity in Durham or another trampoline place. Just don't let them break any bones.

Mentioned in this post
Durham
Durham
North Carolina
Opp, Alabama
Level Contributor
593 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Frankie's, Adventure Landing, Go Bananaz? Fun in Raleigh?

Oh that's good info, thanks! But what they don't know about, they won't miss. Not a long stay planned, and won't want to go too far after driving over from AL. Sounds like we've really missed something if we come to Raleigh and don't get to the Nat Sci Museum. Point taken, scheduled, TY all!

Any other comparisons/opinions about the 'fun parks' appreciated. Trip is Vet's Day weekend.

Mentioned in this post
Raleigh
Raleigh
North Carolina
Opp, Alabama
Level Contributor
593 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Frankie's, Adventure Landing, Go Bananaz? Fun in Raleigh?

We've decided on (not all in the same day) seeing the parade Saturday morning, science museum, Pullen Park, Adventure Landing for its' closer location (to our hotel,) not so go-cart oriented (don't think my son is big enough to drive himself,) and has great coupons on their website. Have a great weekend everyone!

Mentioned in this post
Pullen Park
Pullen Park
1,153 Reviews
Raleigh, NC
Adventure Landing
Adventure Landing
73 Reviews
Raleigh, NC
NC
Destination Expert
for Raleigh
Level Contributor
780 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Frankie's, Adventure Landing, Go Bananaz? Fun in Raleigh?

Wow, sounds like a great day. I will be impressed if the kids make it past parade, museum, Pullen....much less Grandma! As other posters have said, the Daily Planet Cafe in the museum is a great spot for a post parade bite. Here is our little secret ->Free hot chocolate (and bathrooms) at First Baptist, Salisbury St..

Mentioned in this post
Pullen Park
Pullen Park
1,153 Reviews
Raleigh, NC
Opp, Alabama
Level Contributor
593 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Frankie's, Adventure Landing, Go Bananaz? Fun in Raleigh?

I guess those parentheses were maybe a little too powerful & may have hid the "not all in one day" part too well. You're right, we couldn't do that all in one day without Ferris Bueller's help or a magic wand! Thanks so much for your response, endorsement & insider tip. This isn't a group that will accept arbitrary about meal times, so the café could be a lifesaver. Much appreciated!