We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1-2 night weekday stay in Raleigh to check out neighborhoods

Which Raleigh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
1-2 night weekday stay in Raleigh to check out neighborhoods

My fiancee and I are driving to Raleigh (from DC) this Monday/Tuesday to check out the area prior to relocating there next year. We'd like to look at Cary, Apex, Wake Forest and North Raleigh as areas to possibly live in when we move. I'll be working at RTP (he'll be retired).

We'd like to stay in a B&B (ideally) one-two nights and scout the various neighborhoods, enjoy some moderate walks/scenic areas and generally just get a feel for the area. We're not ready for actual house hunting yet but we'd like to get a feel for which neighborhoods we'd like best. Ideally places where we can walk/bike to stores and not have to drive to get everywhere. We don't have children so we won't need to care about proximity to schools.

Any thoughts for 1) where we could stay next week, 2) best neighborhoods to check out, 3) nice restaurants to visit to get a local vibe, 4) walking paths we'd enjoy?

Thanks!

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
1,290 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1-2 night weekday stay in Raleigh to check out neighborhoods

I would suggest staying at either the Renaissance or Hyatt at North Hills, a really nice shopping center with some excellent restaurants that have become part of the "local" scene. It is centrally located, about half way between Apex and Wake Forest ( about 25 minutes from either ) and reasonably convenient to RTP.

Raleigh has an outstanding greenway which pretty much circles the city offering quick and easy access from almost anywhere. There are also good hiking paths at Umstead State Park, and on several NCSU farm/ forestry sites.

2. Re: 1-2 night weekday stay in Raleigh to check out neighborhoods

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2015, 06:16