We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay in Raleigh or Chapel Hill?

Virginia
Level Contributor
51 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Stay in Raleigh or Chapel Hill?

We are spending a quick weekend in the area and want to know if it's better to stay in Raleigh (cheaper hotels) or Chapel Hill (more expensive hotels, but more to do at night on Franklin St?)? What do you think?

Thanks!

Durham, NC
Level Contributor
464 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay in Raleigh or Chapel Hill?

I'd say there as as much to do in Glenwood South in Raleigh as on Franklin St. in Chapel Hill (and I adore Chapel Hill).

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay in Raleigh or Chapel Hill?

For a quaint and comfortable night I'd probably have to chose Chapel Hill. It's smaller and easy to get around. Try The Siena Hotel.

Raleigh NC
Level Contributor
66 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stay in Raleigh or Chapel Hill?

Franklin St draws a very young crowd at night. You might prefer Glenwood South if you are more into the 30's-40's crowd. This would make the newly renovated Clarion Downtown Raleigh your best bet. Raleigh is much bigger so the specific area you choose would make a difference. Crabtree Valley (Marriott, Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Holiday Inn, La Quinta) is a great centrally located area. I would steer away from Capital Blvd/US1 because there is less to do at night and far from most things.

4. Re: Stay in Raleigh or Chapel Hill?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 23:20