We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stoney Hollow Farm

Level Contributor
64 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Stoney Hollow Farm

If you are near Robbinsville, NC you need to make a stop at Stoney Hollow Farm. This family operated farm grows everything from Apples to zucchini, including a beautiful flower garden. You may pick your own or buy what they pick. The general store also includes wonderful baked goods, using the current crops. We had a strawberry rhubarb pie to die for! The lavender thyme shortbread cookies were amazing. If you pull up and you don't see any cars don't be alarmed the store is run on the honor system. Instructions are written on a sign. We were lucky enough to meet the kind owner. She had just finished up canning peach perserves. Yum! Check them out and enjoy th produce.

Tail of the Dragon
Scenic Drives, Off-Road & ATV Trails, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Stecoah Valley Cultural Arts Center
Points of Interest & Landmarks
9 replies to this topic
US
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stoney Hollow Farm

This sounds great. I don't see it reviewed on TripAdvisor so do consider reviewing it.

Click on "Write a Review" at the top of the page.

Click on "Attraction." You will have an opportunity to type "Stoney Hollow Farm Robbinsville." TripAdvisor will not be able to find it and come back with "No results matched your search term."

Next, click on "Tell us more about it." You will then have an opportunity to type in information about it. Make sure you include their website address.

In a couple of weeks, you should receive an email from TripAdvisor saying that they have added Stoney Hollow Farm as an attraction. At that point, you can review it!

Level Contributor
64 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stoney Hollow Farm

It tried, but TA doesn't allow reviewing of "seasonal attractions". Yet, isn't amusement parks such as Kings Island seasonal?

Level Contributor
64 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stoney Hollow Farm

Stoney Hollow Farm website

http://stoneyhollowfarm.net/

US
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stoney Hollow Farm

That is very odd! I'd be curious how they categorize things like that.

Highlands, North...
Level Contributor
1 post
175 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stoney Hollow Farm

Stumbled on this place a couple of weeks ago. It is Fabulous!!

If you are in the area and love fresh vegetables and fruit (pick your own, if you want) this is the place to spend a couple of hours.

Atlanta, Georgia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Stoney Hollow Farm

As of Oct. 2013, Stoney Hollow Farm has been sold. We are - selfishly - very sad, but we are very happy for the owners, whom we had grown to know & love over the many years that we had been going there. It was a family tradition to go there & a very special part of our routine whenever we were up in this area 3-4x a year. Even our daughter is very sad. The place was so amazing & the owners even more so.

The owners had been trying to sell the property for a couple of years. They are moving to another part of the country to farm. Last I was told, they "thought" the new owners might be turning the property into a nice B & B Lodge or something to that effect w/a farm to table type of upscale restaurant. Prob not something we can afford but, we sincerely hope that the new owners will be benevolent to the community & those who visited the farm for so many years & keep a small portion of the u pick area open so we can at least still enjoy a tiny aspect of it.

Scott & Steph, aka Stoney Hollow Farm, we will all miss you dearly! Best wishes!

Robbinsville, North...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Stoney Hollow Farm

Thanks, I think. I just read this out loud to the family and had to pause because I was choking up. We truly loved what we were doing and all of you. Not sure where God is leading right now but waiting with anticipation. In the meantime we're doing what we do every winter, studying seed catalogs and dreaming of spring! Can't wait, Lord willing, to get our hands in the dirt again soon. Thanks for all the wonderful summers! Scott and Steph

Boulder
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Stoney Hollow Farm

We have also loved so much visiting Stoney Hallow for probably the last ten years or so. Dreading telling my hubby that we wont be getting any more freshly baked bread or almond peach smoothy jam on our trip out this year. We have so many wonderful family memories that we made at Stoney Hollow, thank you for those! Wishing you and yours all the best on your newest adventure.

Edited: 06 January 2014, 23:27
Robbinsville, North...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Stoney Hollow Farm

As of July, 2014, Stoney Hollow Farm is not under new ownership but is CLOSED for the season. No u-pick, store or bakery purchases are available.

Reply to: Stoney Hollow Farm
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Robbinsville
More Robbinsville Topics