We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rodanthe with a family

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Rodanthe with a family

Rodanthe doesn't have much to offer a family on vacation. It appears that much of the island area is closed or destroyed. The houses are nice and we rented a beautiful sound side beach house. We had great weather but if we hadn't I have no idea what we would have done with out 2 four year olds, two year old and two infants. We spend our days at our pool/ hot tub and private beach access. I think its a beautiful area for kite surfers, fisherman and maybe a quiet get away for a couple. Sept/ early Oct was a beautiful time of year to travel to this part or NC. We will be back but will be staying further north in the kitty hawk/ Duck area. FYI: things are very expensive here!

woodbridge,va
Level Contributor
516 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rodanthe with a family

I think it is often difficult to pick the right location on a new visit anywhere. Rodanthe is pretty isolated, especially for activities with kids. This is why I would usually recommend Nags Head, Kill Devil Hills or Duck for families especially for a first visit as to visit the area and get their bearings as to where everything is and then have a better idea of what would be their ideal location for future trips. We were just in Kitty Hawk and I'v e been coming to the area for 40 yrs but I remember driving past South Nags Head(having remembered I'd thought about potentially renting a house in that area) and thinking, this seems pretty remote and a long ways from everything (for our family anyway).So , hopefully you will still come back to OBX for future visits as it really is a great family vacation area.

2. Re: Rodanthe with a family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2016, 03:17
Get answers to your questions about Rodanthe