We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to Ouirgane...

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Moving to Ouirgane...

Hi everyone,

I'll be staying in Ouirgane for around 3 months from February, and was wondering if anyone has had an experience of living there, or in the surrounding area?

Anyone have any experiences of trying to get used to the water instead of buying bottled?

I'll be sure to post updates with hints and tips as time goes on...

Thanks!

Dee

2 replies to this topic
Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
9,831 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Moving to Ouirgane...

I'm pretty sure the water in Ouirgane is 'town tap water' supplied by ONEP (Organisation National Eau Portable) so it's perfectly safe to drink. You will know if it's ONEP by the presence of blue manhole covers by the side of the road.

If you ask for a 'nus nus' (half expresso, half hot milk) you'll get a glass of tap water served on the side to counter the dehydration effect of the coffee. So that could the way to start.

I suppose the best advice is to start mainly on bottled water and gradually increase the intake of tap water. In really hot weather when I am drinking four litres per day I sometimes switch to bottled water.

London, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moving to Ouirgane...

Thanks Tim - great advice as usual!

Reply to: Moving to Ouirgane...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ouirgane
More Ouirgane Topics