We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hong Kong Airport to Jiangmen City, Guangdong Province

boulder co
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Hong Kong Airport to Jiangmen City, Guangdong Province

We are arriving at 6:00 am at HKI Airport. We need to get to Jiangmen City for work that day. I see so many variations of getting there. Which is the best.

1. Ferry from Airport via - SKYPIER FERRY - What termination point and how long does this take?

2. Ferry from Hong Kong China Ferry Terminal - How do I get to that ferry terminal easiest from the Airport? How long?

3. Bus from airport to Jiangmen? How long?

Mentioned in this post
Jiangmen
Jiangmen
Guangdong, China
Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
37,909 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hong Kong Airport to Jiangmen City, Guangdong Province

There are only 2 ferries a day to Jiangmen from the China Ferry Terminal. (one is at 8:30 am). I think a ferry to Zhuhai might work out just as easy. You could enter HK & take the A11 bus to Sheung Wan (Macau Ferry Terminal - Stop 4) and take a ferry to Zhuhai at 8:40 am. From Zhuhai there are buses to different parts of Jiangmen. Ask your company to tell you which part of this very large city to go to. You'd be through immigration at Jiuzhou Port by 10 am and it would take about 2 hours by bus to Jiangmen.

Mentioned in this post
Jiangmen
Jiangmen
Guangdong, China
Sheung Wan
Sheung Wan
283 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
Macau
Macau
China
Zhuhai
Zhuhai
Guangdong, China
boulder co
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hong Kong Airport to Jiangmen City, Guangdong Province

is it possible to just take a ferry direct from the airport? that would obviously be much easier than getting on the train etc.

I noticed the airport ferry's dont go direct to Jaingmen and but they seem to get close.

I have only been to hong kong so not sure how everything is on the mainland but it appears i could get close by one of the ferries from the airport. If you have any info on that it would be appreciated. Samara

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
37,909 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hong Kong Airport to Jiangmen City, Guangdong Province

The first direct ferry to Zhuhai from HKIA is not until 12:15 pm which is why I recommended going to CFT. You seem to be in a hurry. If you are looking on a map or the CKS company website the nearest ferries to Jiangmen would appear to be those going to Macau. This is another option but bear in mind that Macau is a separate territory so requires immigration procedures.

Mentioned in this post
Jiangmen
Jiangmen
Guangdong, China
Macau
Macau
China
4. Re: Hong Kong Airport to Jiangmen City, Guangdong Province

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2011, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Jiangmen