We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo traveller

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Solo traveller

Hi, i will be travelling alone to changsha coming December, wonder how safe is Changsha during the night?

I have heard that there is a half an hour fireworks every weekend, may i know where is the best spot to watch?

7 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
587 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Solo traveller

Do not worry. It is safe at night in Changsha.

You may mean the fireworks at Orange Isle, also known as Ju Zi Zhou Tou in Chinese.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
2. Re: Solo traveller

Thank you. May I know what time will the fireworks commence?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
56 posts
214 reviews
3. Re: Solo traveller

I, came back from Changsha in late Oct 17

I, deem Changsha to be a safe and honest place. Taxi driver would return one yuan and also tell you that the attraction ( museum) is closed. At a restaurant, we were reimbursed, when they ran out of the vegetable that we ordered and changed to another vegetable.

My guide at Shaoshan did not bring me to shops to get commission and prepaid all fares. Hers' is free as she is a legal guide. I, stay at Crown Plaza and I walked the local area ( north west ) for miles and it was great and I, never felt threaten.

At night at WuYi Square and elsewhere, we walked and all is well.

If you are going to Orange Island take the subway and it is a linear sandbar.. It is a park like atmosphere and young Mao Zedong statue is 3.3km from the subway exit.

Bring along a sweater in December temperature.

Go on and enjoy yourself.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,107 posts
253 reviews
4. Re: Solo traveller

It is a very safe location. Lots of people around and head for Pedestrian Street. You also have a great new metro line now and it is very cheap. Buy a ticket.

It will be very cold so rug up.

Shops are open till very late!

ACA44

Changsha, China
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
5. Re: Solo traveller

Hi, it is really safe in Changsha and the local people are so kind and friendly. You may love this city, cause a lot of tasty and spicy food and beautiful places to visit, like Juzi Island, Huangxing Shopping Road, Yuelu Mountain, Hunan Provincial Museum where amounts of archeological reveals and so on. May you have fun! I am the local, any question you can contact me.

California Desert...
1 post
6. Re: Solo traveller

Hi, I guess it maybe too late to reply your message, but I hope this message can really help others. I have just finished my trip in Hunan province with my friends. Wow, it was so nice and it was my second trip. We asked our fomer guide Johnson who also gave a reply to this quetions, because he once served us last year. He was so great, arranged our trip so well in Hunan. Our hotel, car, and tickets were booked by him who is really an honest guy..I know his wechat ID:johnlinyong. And I also want to recommend Shaoshan where president Mao was born.

Changsha, China
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: Solo traveller

Hi George, many thanks to you and really appreciate your promotion. Take care, my friend.

Reply to: Solo traveller
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted