We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rates for full day private car hire

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
8 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Rates for full day private car hire

I will be travelling to Zhangjiajie in Dec. I am kind of confused with the different entrances in the National park and tianmenshan. I am toying with the idea of getting a private car during my 3 day stay there.

1) what is the market rate now for a private car? Do I need to pay for the fuel and the driver's meals?

2) Has anyone stayed at hotels located at Xibu street? Is it near to the entrances in Wulingyuan?

3) As I am flying in from Changsha, I will need to take the bus from the bus station or train the next morning, provided I can get hold of the tickets. How long is the bus ride from Changsha? How is the ride compared to the train? Does it travel mainly on expressways?

Thanks in advance for your kind replies

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rates for full day private car hire

Private car usually cost RMB300-400 per day in Zhangjiajie. and the driver's meals and fuel should be included.

You could either take train (4.5-5 hours) or bus (3.5-4 hours) to go from Changsha to Zhangjiajia. Bus time is more flexible (the interval is about one hour, operating from 8:00am to 7:00pm), and you'd better go to Changsha West Bus station to catch it.

Daisy

China Tour Helper

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rates for full day private car hire

Be sure to get a quote in writing that specifies the exact charges and what is included. Not unusual to have a deal for a set rate and then at the end of the day to have the driver try to get money for distance traveled or other charges. Normal is a set price for up to 100km and then a rate per km and additionally any tolls or parking charges incurred.

I have found it very difficult if not impossible to get an English speaking driver and adding an "interpreter" can more than double the daily cost for the car travel. Unless and interpreter has been independently and favorably reviewed by other travelers it is wise not to believe that they are fluent in English or even moderately able to converse.

3. Re: Rates for full day private car hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2013, 20:02
4. Re: Rates for full day private car hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Zhangjiajie