We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Self-guided Tour in Zhangjiajie

Which Zhangjiajie hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Self-guided Tour in Zhangjiajie

Hi. I will be visiting Zhangjiajie somewhere in Mid December 2013. I will arrive at Changsha by train from Shenzhen, thereafter will proceed to Zhangjiajie areas. Is it possible to visit Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, Wulingyuan Scenic Area and Tianmen Mountain without taking a guide? I can speak and read Chinese and I will be travelling with my spouse. I plan to spend 3 to 4 days there. Is it a good choice to stay at Wulingyuan ? I appreciate your recommendation on choice of hotels. Thank you.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
20 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Self-guided Tour in Zhangjiajie

yes, it is possible especially with bilingual.

spend 2-3 days at ZJJ National Park while another day at ZJJ city for Tianmenshan day trip.

There are a lot of hotels to choose from : high end Pullman hotel, Qinghe Jinjiang Hotel, Medium range Emperor hotel, Tuniu hostel, Zhuanjiajun Hotel. All these hotels are close to the entrance of ZJJ national park. Further down the road is Quanshanyue Gongguan.

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
984 posts
423 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Self-guided Tour in Zhangjiajie

Oh definitely all the trails are well laid out stone paths. However, i can say that if you hike from the valley floor and go up to the peaks these are very strenuous stair climbing. I did two consecutive days of hiking and my legs were very tired. the smart people were riding the bus to the tops and hiking down.

Kota Kinabalu...
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Self-guided Tour in Zhangjiajie

Hi, dstbjb and Hoben01 : Thank you very much for your valuable information.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
31,257 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Self-guided Tour in Zhangjiajie

Or ride the cable car to the high points and hike down.

5. Re: Self-guided Tour in Zhangjiajie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2013, 20:02
6. Re: Self-guided Tour in Zhangjiajie

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 November 2013, 08:05
7. Re: Self-guided Tour in Zhangjiajie

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2013, 20:02
8. Re: Self-guided Tour in Zhangjiajie

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 22 November 2014, 06:20