We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lushan in a few weeks . . .

Daejeon, South Korea
7 posts
Save Topic
Lushan in a few weeks . . .

I am going to Lushan for a few days and a night for the upcoming Qingming festival. Finding reviews for a decent hotel in English is tough. I'm looking to stay in a place close to the park - walking distance preferably. I'd like basic Western amenities - nothing fancy. If natural springs or resorty stuff is available and the price is right I'm in. USD price 25-50/night. Also any recommendation on Lushan in general is helpful. My Chinese colleague says it is more beautiful than even Huangshan but it seems to be little travelled by or reviewed by English speakers/Westerners. Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
Nanchang, China
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lushan in a few weeks . . .

We are a local travel serive in Jiangxi, We are offering lushan tours, if you need any information or booking, just let us know,please email to chinadreamstour@gmail.com

Beijing, China
Level Contributor
9,554 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lushan in a few weeks . . .

Lushan is one place I haven't been, but many westerners including multiple friends who have been there are underwhelmed, perhaps expectations need to be managed. General consensus seems to be "OK and nice if you're in the neighborhood, but don't torture the itinerary just to get it in there." Can't recall the hotels or inns they stayed at, sorry. It is different type of place than Huangshan, so beauty is a matter of personal opinion/taste. I would give a general caution about trusting the opinions of Chinese who have not traveled widely in and out of China, since they often have a different benchmark and cultural context of what makes a great travel experience.

Dig around the internet and surely you'll find some blogs or comments, preferably from the last 2-3 years, on Lushan, that might give you some solid pointers on where to stay and optimal ways to maneuver within the park. It's more of a warm weather beat-the-summer-heat kind of destination for the Chinese, so maybe not too crowded even at Qingming, unless the weather is really warm and pretty. Last March 2012 I was going to be near there but it was unusually cool and very rainy so I decided to pass it by and never did in-depth research on lodging. Do come back to the thread with a follow-up report after your trip, though.

Kunming, China
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
528 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lushan in a few weeks . . .

Cannot help you with lodging, but if you are someone who enjoys green tea, take time to sample the Lu Shan Yun Wu 庐山云雾 while you are in the area. It's usually included in lists of China's top ten teas. Plus the tea being picked now is considered the best of the year.

Am drinking some now as I type this. A friend from Jiujiang brought me some a couple days ago.

Reply to: Lushan in a few weeks . . .
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jiujiang