We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help With Accommodation Location

Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,207 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Help With Accommodation Location

We will be arriving into Milos on May17th at 11.55, from Sifnos (Highspeed Ferry willing), and will be staying for 4 nights

I have been doing my homework and read all the posts on this forum and have narrowed down our choices to Plaka or Pollonia.

Bearing in mind that we will most likely have stayed in Fira town on Santorini, then Hora on Folegandros, then Apollonia on Sifnos, I was thinking that possibly a beach location would make a change.

However, as it will be low season, will Pollonia be a bit of a ghost town. Don't get me wrong, we are not party animals, love our own company and like it peaceful. But maybe being the only tourists in the village, may be too quiet.

We just want somewhere simple to stay, but must have a great view and a choice of local tavernas to eat at. You know, the tavernas that don't have menus and you have to go into the kitchen to have a look at what's available.

Also we will rent a scooter for a few days. Will there be places open in each of the above places to do this in May? Or will we be limited to car hire?

Would I also be correct in saying that there appears to be more choice of accommodation in Pollonia than Plaka?

I note that Pollonia is a choice for windsurfers. In May, is it likely to be windy, or is it just later in the year when the Meltemi gets up?

Choices we have, from recommendations on here are:

Plaka -

Archondoula Studios

Halara Studios

Machi's House

Botonis Cava and House

Pollonia -

Andreas Rooms (1st choice)

Kapetan Tassos

Mary Elen

Plus all the other usual suspects too many to mention.

Thanks

Bolton, UK
Level Contributor
2,207 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help With Accommodation Location

Bump

Anyone?

Andreas?

2. Re: Help With Accommodation Location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 21:19