We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flights or ferries between Mykonos and Milos

London
Level Contributor
3 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
flights or ferries between Mykonos and Milos

Is it possible to fly between Mykonos and Milos?

Or is there a ferry that takes less than 4 and a half hours to get from Mykonos to Milos (eg Seajets)?

I know that Aegean and Olympic Air fly from Athens to Mykonos and that Olympic also fly from Milos to Athens, but what about flights between the two islands? Or ferries that dont stop at 3-4 other islands before reaching Milos?

Looking to book a holiday in Sep 2012. And I'd like to pick islands with airports. Been to Naxos and Santorini already.

Thanks

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,136 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flights or ferries between Mykonos and Milos

I'm curious to know the answer that question myself. I don't think it is possible. I did a quick search a few minutes ago and nothing was revealed.

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,227 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flights or ferries between Mykonos and Milos

I dont think you will find either any inter-island flights nor fast ferries between these two islands. Best ferry connection I guess will be from Mykonos to Syros, which is not far. Then another ferry from Syros to Milos. But hardly any high speed. The ferries from Syros to Milos runs in a circular route through the Cyclades, sometimes in one direction with few stops (Serifos and Siffnos), and sometimes in the opposite with a big lot of stops. Have a look at www.openseas.gr and try to put in a date from september this year. It will not change very much from year to year.

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
6,974 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: flights or ferries between Mykonos and Milos

No inter-island flights, and as Mykonos and Milos are on different ferry routes, no easy connections by sea either. I don't know how you could do it without one ferry change, perhaps as Periscope suggests, or Mykonos-Santorini and Santorini-Milos. Best route to take would depend upon how long you will have to wait between ferries. When ferry timetables are out next summer you will have a better idea. If you are happy to find rooms when you arrive on the island, no advance reservations are necessary in September.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
11,826 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flights or ferries between Mykonos and Milos

Direct flights - No chance at all.

Direct ferry - Infrequent, maybe non-existant. It's essentially a 'double cross route'. Possibly the 'Superjet' but this does change it's route frequently. There might be a once a week NEL/ANEK ferry.

The certain way is to go Mykonos > Syros or Paros and change there to another ferry for Milos. Changing ferries is no big disaster, frequently the island concerned is well worth a visit in itself.

Picking islands with airports means missing a lot of the best and least visited islands. The ferries cover all the Cyclades islands, OK sometimes complex, but the coverage is excellent.

London
Level Contributor
3 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flights or ferries between Mykonos and Milos

Thanks everyone for responding. I appreciate it.

bridgnorth
Level Contributor
3,293 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: flights or ferries between Mykonos and Milos

Superjet was on the route last autumn, but it looks a very small boat,compared to a traditional ferry, I saw it at Paros. moored beside a Blue Star.

I don't think it would sail in any sort of a blow.

As an add on I travelled on three of the large traditional ferries in the Cyclades during the first week of October; each of them left port on time to the minute.

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
2,761 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: flights or ferries between Mykonos and Milos

Superjet will be the only direct option, but it stopped going to Mykonos in early September this year. Otherwise, you could go via Syros, Paros, Naxos or Santorini

Essex
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: flights or ferries between Mykonos and Milos

The Superjet shedule for summer 2012 is already on GTP - unless they make any changes it will continue to connect Mykonos and Milos at least 5 days a week throughout September with a usual journey time of about 4 and a half hours, although significantly longer when it includes Amorgos on the route.

9. Re: flights or ferries between Mykonos and Milos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2012, 10:19