We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milos in september

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
64 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Milos in september

Im planning my honeymoon next year and wanted to stay in milos for 4 or 5 days in september. Ive been looking at historical avgs for sept weather and it seems to be around 79 to 80ish for the high. Is that warm enough for the beach, does the sun make it a lot hotter? Thanks!

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,695 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Milos in september

September is warm enough for the beach, and water temperatures remain near the summer peak. :o)

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
244 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Milos in september

We were on Milos for five nights towards the end of this September and the weather was superb and the sea still warm. It was actually warmer and more pleasant on the beaches than when we arrived in the Cyclades some 3 weeks earlier, when the winds were up for the first six days. As always with these Islands you run the risk of having a windy spell.

Washingon DC area
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Milos in september

For the past three years I've spent September in Greece - both the islands and the Peloponnese. It was definitely warm enough to swim, and this year was very hot at the end of the month (picture July in DC without the humidity). The only place we needed long sleeve shirts was in the mountains. Last year we had strong winds; the other two years were relatively calm.

BTW, Milos is a great choice. I hope you're planning to rent a car, or even better, a scooter to get around.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
64 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Milos in september

Great! thanks for all the replies. I was worried because in DC usually 79-80 is not beach weather, as it's still quite chilly. But I guess the it's different over there.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Milos in september

Hi there!

I am planing to spend my holiday next summer on Milos. I have never been there, so can you help me to choose the best place to stay?

Greetings!

Washingon DC area
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Milos in september

Depends on what you're looking for. We stayed in Pollonia and loved it. Very small and quiet with only 4 or 5 restaurants, but very picturesque and with a nice beach.

If you want more activity, then Adamas would be better, especially if you don't have your own transportation. But I'd definitely recommend renting a car or scooter. The beaches around the island are beautiful.

Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Milos in september

My husband and I stayed at Captain Zeppos in Pollonia last summer and it was wonderful. Having visited the islands in both June and September, I preferred September as the water was warmer than in June. We are returning early Sept 2013 to Mykonos, Syros and Kea.

concord nh
Level Contributor
3,603 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Milos in september

We were in Milos near the end of Oct 2010 and we went swimming in the Aegean and loved it. Weather changes in October so could go either way but I think Sept will be very nice for a day at the beach.

9. Re: Milos in september

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 21:18
Get answers to your questions about Milos