We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milos Ferries

Saint Louis...
7 posts
Save Topic
Milos Ferries

Hi! Thank you all for the time reading this!

I am traveling on my honeymoon to Athens, Milos, and Santoorini. We have a total of 9 days and 9 nights with 1 day on each side for travel.

Now I am running into a problem, as when looking for ferry schedules, I don't see any Milos to Santorini ferries from May 3rd-6th (Easter), not even the daily super jets I hear so much about. I don't know whether this me not using the appropriate websites or there are really no ferries between these islands. Thank you!

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Milos Ferries

I suggest you change your dates so that you do not have to travel during Easter Saturday and Sunday. Not many ferries run on these two days. I've checked 2012 Easter (April 15) and there was no ferry between Milos and Santorini in that period at all. The last one was on Friday and the next one was on Tuesday after Easter.

Saint Louis...
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Milos Ferries

Thank you very much for your fast reply! Ok, maybe I will try to work around, unfortunately the plane tickets are already booked, so Milos may have to be substituted for another Island. Thanks again!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,795 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Milos Ferries

Piraeus to Milos is one of the regular ferry routes so there won't be any problem with that, nor will onward connection to Santorini. You have enough time even with what exists now.

Obviously because it's so close to Easter they have to change schedules to meet a peak demand.

That these have not appeared yet does really matter, that is how it is. Looks like the Ag. Georgios, Adamantios Korais, Preveli, have yet to schedule for then, so you just wait and keep your eye on here http://www.gtp.gr/ until if and when they appear.

Currently you probably have:

3 May, Vitzentsos Kournarous, Preveli.

4 May, Milos > Folegandros/Ios + Folegandros/Ios > Santorini.

5 May, ?

6 May, ?

You should also consider Milos > Folegandros/Ios + Folegandros/Ios > Santorini, or possibly other combos.

http://www.ventourissealines.gr/

http://www.seajets.gr/

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,591 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Milos Ferries

The "daily Superjet" timetable is for summer only, and during Easter is not scheduled to stop at Milos at all. There were conventional ferries sailing out of Milos every day during the Easter period last year, but none directly to Santorini. You may be able to find connections via another island.

Milos, Greece
Level Contributor
148 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Milos Ferries

Ram,

The schedule for Easter period is expected to vome out within the next two weeks. So if can wait, you will be able to get the connections. There is definately going to be a Milos - Santorini connection on Tuesday and Sunday. I will recommend to go through Santorini fist because the connection times are better. (For Milos to Santorini you will have to ferry over night).

Please do not hesitate to contact us directly to info@travelmilos.com (Travel me to Milos) to help you with ferry schedule and other details of your trip.

Saint Louis...
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Milos Ferries

Thank you very much for your responses. We will try to wait for the latest ferry schedule to come out before making any decisions. Me and my to be wife aren't really all night party type of people so thought Ios and Mykonos weren't for us, and hopefully can enjoy the thermal waters and the nice beaches of Milos.

Thanks again, and Antonis I have emailed you with more questions! Thank you all! Looks like we will keep hoping on making it to Milos!

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Milos Ferries

There are no parties in early May anywhere. Party season starts much later - June/July

8. Re: Milos Ferries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2014, 04:18