We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is is possible to visit these places in 14 days?

London, England...
2 posts
Save Topic
Is is possible to visit these places in 14 days?

Hello all!

I'm planning to travel to Greece with my mom in july/2013.

We really want to get to know Athens for 3 or 4 days and then spend the rest in some islands. Two of them I really want to go: Milos and Ikaria. We also would like to visit Santorini and Mykonos, I know they are very busy but also very beautiful. We just want some time to relax and some calm and blue waters. So do you guys know if this is a possible journey? Something like Athens-Mykonos-Ikaria-Santoniri-Milos? We are not thinking of renting a car.

We are open for recommendations. Thank you so much!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is is possible to visit these places in 14 days?

Hi there

Athens plus four islands is a lot to take on in anything less than 18-20 full days as otherwise, a large proportion of your available time will be spent on domestic journeys , not much "relaxing" about that. As it stands, you are contemplating five separate domestic journeys, whether that be by ferry of air, and each one will use up the best part of a full day.

Do your 14 days include a part day at either end for arrival and departure to/from Athens? If so, then at best you might have 12 full days and your agenda is way too much for that time frame, especially if you already have 3-4 days earmarked for Athens. Even if you do have 14 full days, that leaves at best 11 days to see four islands.

Milos, Mykonos and Santorini are all in the Cyclades chain of islands, Ikaria, although not that far away from Mykonos is in the East Aegean island chain, I don't know whether there are ferry links between Mykonos and Ikaria, I'll leave that for the ferry experts.

I think it's too much for your time frame, I would drop at least one island if you have the full 14 days, and two islands if you just have the 12 full days. Whatever you decide to do, leave Athens till last, that way you are back on the mainland and within easy distance of the airport with 3-4 days to spare prior to your homebound flight.

If you really do want to squeeze in another island, then consider taking a daytrip from Piraeus once back on the mainland to one or more of the close by Saronic Gulf Islands, Aegina, Hydra, Poros, etc.

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
2,912 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is is possible to visit these places in 14 days?

I agree that you are trying to go to too many islands. There is a ferry service between Mykonos and Ikaria in July but not every day and some journeys are at unsociable hours during the night. I would forget Ikaria.

3. Re: Is is possible to visit these places in 14 days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2014, 05:18