We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Half-day Sailing in Milos

SH
Fairfax, VA
Level Contributor
33 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Half-day Sailing in Milos

We are traveling to Milos on 29 September as part of a cruise. We'll be there from about 9AM-4PM. We don't have enough time for a full-day cruise and was hoping someone had information about a half-day cruise to Kleftiko and maybe some beach stops along the way. We arrive at the port of Adamas. If that's not possible, maybe some suggestions on a nice beach where we can chill and there's a taverna where we can call a cab to take us back to the port. Agios Ioannis Beach and Firiplaka Beach look good.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Steve

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
4,836 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Half-day Sailing in Milos

I don't think that you have sufficient time for a cruise. We took the Kleftiko trip and didn't get back until about 6 pm. You would probably have a great view of your cruise ship departing.

You may want to catch a cab and go to Pollonia. It is Milos resort area and has a nice beach and several tavernas. It is no more than a 15 minute taxi ride and is well serviced for getting back to Adamas.

If you want to discover more of Greece than a beach you could take the taxi to Plaka and wander around the charming village perhaps visit the Catacombs and see if you can find the ancient amphitheater and the ruins of the ancient settlement.

Here are images of Milos form this June.

Milos 2013 flickr.com/photos/…

SH
Fairfax, VA
Level Contributor
33 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Half-day Sailing in Milos

Thanks for the information. How about renting a car and driving to Firiplaka Beach? How long would it take to drive there. The other areas you mentioned are closer to Adamas so that is always a good option close by the port.

Steve

Edited: 21 September 2013, 13:41
Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
4,836 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Half-day Sailing in Milos

I am afraid that we never got to Firiplaka but the pictures are great. That will have to be on the to do list for our next visit.

If you are looking for something closer, Pollonia is no more than a 20 minute drive from Adamas. That whole coast is just full of beaches. Including Mytakas. Near Pollonia are the sea caves at Fragapapas.

Or if you turn left at the traffic circle away from Pollonia you can visit the not to miss experience of Sarakoniko a white rock formation with dazzling blue waters. No taverna's at any of these beaches though.

We did find a delightful taverna near Mandrakia and there is always the Klima like village of Firopotamos with a nice town beach. All of these options are on the road where you find Sarakoniko. Total driving time is no more than 20 minutes from Adamas for these options as well.

Given the time you have you could easily hit several of these beaches and still get back to the ship in lots of time.

If you don't use the slide show function on the images I posted and just look at the smaller images each picture is labeled so you can identify each of these locations.

Have a great time, Milos is unique.

SH
Fairfax, VA
Level Contributor
33 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Half-day Sailing in Milos

Thanks again! I did view your pictures (which are great BTW) and it's really a beautiful place.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
4,836 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Half-day Sailing in Milos

I just had another thought. You could google travel agents Milos. There are several of them in Adamas and ask them if they are aware of any of the day excursions put on a special sailing for the cruise ships that take into account arrival and departure times of the cruise ship. That makes sense to me and I wouldn't be surprised if some enterprising captain does something like that.

Here is my other album taken in 2001 where we took a day boat to Kleftico.

Milos 2011 flickr.com/photos/…

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,531 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Half-day Sailing in Milos

SH: My blog post about Milos boat tours includes links to some of the websites for local travel agencies as well as some of the excursion operators; you could contact those parties directly to find out if there's a tour that might fit within your timeframe.

Here's the link to the post: mygreecetravelblog.com/2013/…

Edited: 21 September 2013, 19:19
SH
Fairfax, VA
Level Contributor
33 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Half-day Sailing in Milos

Great idea. Thanks. I sent a few emails; hopefully something will work.

Milos, Greece
Level Contributor
148 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Half-day Sailing in Milos

A tailor made cruise suitable for your available time on the island can be arranged provided that 10passengers can be found.

Departure at 09:30 return to Adamas at 15:30. The trip will include only visit to Kleftiko for swimming and snorkelling and one more stop for swimming on the way back. There is no time for Sykia cave. If you can find other passengers that would like to join, PM me for more details.

Level Contributor
851 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Half-day Sailing in Milos

Both the photos and the blog links took me to wonderful sites and information.

Thank you, and to others for their advice on this thread - it is also most helpful for me in my planning.

10. Re: Half-day Sailing in Milos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2014, 05:17