We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visiting greece in july. Need advise Milos or Naxos

Mumbai
Level Contributor
36 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
visiting greece in july. Need advise Milos or Naxos

Hi TA's,

My wife and I will be visiting Greece for the first time in July this year. I have been reading thru many of the TA pages and forums on the various islands. We have decided to definitely visit santorini and we are conflicted between Naxos and Milos for the second island. We have been thru many of stanbr and donnyb posts and pictures but still find it very hard to choose. Our itinerary is as follows:

9th July - arrive in athens from mumbai and fly straight to Naxos or Milos

10th to 14th - Either Milos or Naxos (please advise)

14th to 17th - take the morning ferry to Santorini

17th to 19th - fly to Athens

20th - depart to mumbai.

I would like to get your recommendations on the choosing naxos or milos. We would love to be at beautiful beaches, see a lot of natural beauty, do a sailing trip for a day or hald a day, enjoy night life at bars or taverns, have a good greek village experience. I know most of this is available at both the islands but still want your take.

Thanks, Gautam

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,240 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visiting greece in july. Need advise Milos or Naxos

Naxos is my favorite island because it has such a variety. This May I am going to Milos because it is very beautiful and I haven't been there for some years. So it is a hard choice.

You wont go wrong with either. They both have great beaches. Naxos has the bigger vatiety in villages, and is richer in history. From Naxos you may take a day-trip to Delos and Mykonos. http://www.naxos-web.com/

The boat trip around Milos is unique and not to miss. If you are interested in geology and minerals, Milos is the island. http://www.miloterranean.gr/

Mumbai
Level Contributor
36 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visiting greece in july. Need advise Milos or Naxos

Thanks Periscope. We have chosen Naxos this time and will have to do Naxos next time around. We hope that the sailing trip to Santorini or the a day trip to Delos will make up for the missing the sailing around Milos.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
4,553 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visiting greece in july. Need advise Milos or Naxos

Good choice. Having said that either island is a good choice.

By the way I believe there is a sail boat excursion along Naxos west and south coasts on the Jason. last year that excursion was being offered by the travel agents along Naxos waterfront promenade in Naxos town. The boat sails from Aggia Anna.

4. Re: visiting greece in july. Need advise Milos or Naxos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2015, 07:16