We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coastal walk from Pollonia to Mandrakia

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Coastal walk from Pollonia to Mandrakia

I have read the Cycladen info on this walk as I was keen to do this but the notes make the track sound a bit vague. We do not have a car for the first day and are plan to walk (or bus) from Pollonia to Fylakopi and continue on to Mandrakia. From those of you who have done the walk can you advise if this is a good walk and if the trail is easy to follow? It certainly covers some scenic coastline. We want to swim, relax and explore and maybe have lunch along the way. I know Mandrakia has a taverna but don't recall if Mytakas does as well.

Can we get a bus or taxi from Mandrakia to Adamas? Thinking of going on to Adamas so that we can check out the boats for a day trip during our stay. So we may look at the shops, go to the beach or a bar and watch the sunset if we are there too early for the boats and them maybe have dinner.

Can we get a bus to Pollonia at night after an early dinner (first half of September)? What about a taxi? Thanks.

Milos, Greece
Level Contributor
875 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coastal walk from Pollonia to Mandrakia

You can get a taxi cab anywhere in Milos, anytime. Buses do not go to Mandrakia, and do not count on buses for evening trips (after 7:00pm) between Pollonia and Adamas in September.

There are eateries in both Mandrakia and Mytakas.

I could not advise you on the quality on the trail, but it certainly is one of the most scenic in all of Milos. Make sure you do not pack a camera, as it will probably take you at least 5x as much to complete your walk. :)

Andreas

DE for Milos

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coastal walk from Pollonia to Mandrakia

Thanks Andreas. I thought it was a little hopeful to get a bus at night back to Pollonia but good to know that we can take a taxi. Looking forward to doing the coastal walk and taking lots of photos so it may be a long day. What time does lunch finish at the eateries at Mytakas and Mandrakia as we will need to stop at one of them for lunch.

Milos, Greece
Level Contributor
149 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coastal walk from Pollonia to Mandrakia

The path is not clear in many places but you cannot actually lose your way since you will keep the sea on your right.

In Mytakas there is a beach bar where you can buy some snacks.

In Mandrakia there is Medusa, which is amongst the best "tapas" (the equivalent to greek place for small snacks accompaning drinks) restaurants of the island, famous for its sun dried octopus, which is open until late in the night.

DO carry a camera with you, you will need it, leave something else in behind.

I have tracked the route in sportstracker, have a look in the link below

sports-tracker.com/#/…73344bml1s1r0avt

In september there will be some guided hiking walks at the north path and in other places of the island where you can learn about the history and geology of the places that you will be walking by and transfers can be arranged by the trips. So PM if you want more information on this one.

Enjoy your stay in Milos!

Bear in mind that

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coastal walk from Pollonia to Mandrakia

Thanks Antonis for the info on the walk and statistics from Sports tracker, nice photos and at least we won't go hungry - snacks at Mytakas and tapas at Mandrakia sounds great.

Level Contributor
540 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coastal walk from Pollonia to Mandrakia

We just did the walk in June-magnificent! The trail was confusing for us at several points, but as you know, you can't get lost. We used the cycladen hike description as we find the details helpful.

…cycladen.be/Fylakopi-MandrakiaEngframe.htm

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coastal walk from Pollonia to Mandrakia

Thanks NEtrekker, I had already printed off a copy of the Cycladen walk. Looking forward to it.

Milos, Greece
Level Contributor
149 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coastal walk from Pollonia to Mandrakia

After one point the north path is included in the Miloterrenean Geo Walk No 6

http://www.miloterranean.gr/maps/#sarakiniko

Have a look

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,100 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coastal walk from Pollonia to Mandrakia

Thanks Antonis, I had noticed that and had also printed that off as well.

9. Re: Coastal walk from Pollonia to Mandrakia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Milos