We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trapani to Palermo Airport & return car

Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
953 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Trapani to Palermo Airport & return car

How much time should I anticipate to drive from Trapani to the Palermo airport and return my rental car? If I book a flight around noon, should an 8 AM departure from Trapani be sufficient?

My other option continues to be an overnight in Castellammare prior to departure. I would like the option of staying in Trapani if we find it to our liking (one less packing, check in, etc).

Mentioned in this post
Trapani
Trapani
Sicily, Italy
Palermo
Palermo
Sicily, Italy
palermo
Destination Expert
for Palermo
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trapani to Palermo Airport & return car

Yes, it isn't a long drive from Trapani, 1 hour instead of 30 minutes (from Castellammare)

Mentioned in this post
Trapani
Trapani
Sicily, Italy
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
108,968 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trapani to Palermo Airport & return car

There's no problem with staying in Trapani - The A29 is fast driving and leads directly to the airport's entrance.

Always check with your carrier, but Palermo to Rome is a domestic flight – Locals will tell you to arrive and hour prior. Airport Information will tell you to arrive two hours prior. The airlines would generally tell you to arrive 1-1,5-hours prior.

Vagabonda

Mentioned in this post
Trapani
Trapani
Sicily, Italy
Palermo
Palermo
Sicily, Italy
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
953 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trapani to Palermo Airport & return car

Thanks all. We will most likely spend our last night in Sicily in Trapani. Looking forward to it.

Mentioned in this post
Sicily
Sicily
Italy
Trapani
Trapani
Sicily, Italy
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
108,968 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trapani to Palermo Airport & return car

The half hour gained by moving to Castellammare del Golfo nearer Palermo's airport isn't worth the time lost in packing and unpacking and changing hotels - You''ll better enjoy your last full day in Sicily!

Vagabonda

Mentioned in this post
Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
953 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trapani to Palermo Airport & return car

Update: We have decided to stay at a B&B in Scopello all 5 days and do day trips to places like Trapani, Enrice, Sciacca, Segesta, etc. This eliminates the packing/unpacking issue as well as locating the next lodging, checking in, parking, etc.

Thanks again for everyone's advice.

Mentioned in this post
Scopello
Scopello
Sicily, Italy
Trapani
Trapani
Sicily, Italy
Sciacca
Sciacca
Sicily, Italy
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
108,968 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Trapani to Palermo Airport & return car

Prego TrippleTime - Thanks for this update!

Scopello is a little gem and well located near the crossroads of the A29, so it's a convenient base for touring and exploring.

Enjoy!

Vagabonda

Mentioned in this post
Scopello
Scopello
Sicily, Italy
7. Re: Trapani to Palermo Airport & return car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2013, 05:16