We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Relaxing long weekend in May

Altrincham...
2 posts
Save Topic
Relaxing long weekend in May

Dear Vagabonda

You seem to be the oracle on all things Trapani, hopefully you can help!

We have booked flights for a long weekend, arriving mid afternoon Friday 10th May, returning the following Monday evening. To save hassle we have hired a car.

The objective of the weekend is romantic, to relax and soak up much missed sunshine but also to get a glimpse of Sicily's culture and cuisine. Some hiking/biking and maybe sailing would be good, mixed with a healthy portion cafe culture! With such short time I'm not too fussed about racing round with a camera for the tourist 'must sees', more interested in the general atmosphere.

With this in mind, I'm wondering where best to stay? I hear the sea is still cold this time of year, I want to sunbathe and swim a little so should I prioritise a place with a pool, or will that be too cold too?!

I see you often recommend Trapani itself but I am concerned it may be too built up and busy to be relaxing (and a place with a pool beyond budget!) I am tempted by a very reasonable deal for an apartment on a holiday village at San Vito lo Capo - but am concerned the place will still be half asleep, with few choices for evening meal etc.

What do you recommend please?

Suzy

London, United...
Level Contributor
212 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Relaxing long weekend in May

Trapani would be a good base for all those things that you mentioned. The sea is right in front of you and green hills are behind you. Funny enough I was due to be on that same flight but I am going a week later to the same location. Compared to the North West of England the weather should be quite nice, which isn't to hard! (just keep checking the BBC) however the seas may still be quite chilly as swimming season kind of starts in June but relaxing by the sea & taking in some rays shouldn't be a problem at all. San Vito has a lovely beach and is a nice drive from Trapani. Trapani is a working fishing village but has all the amenities that you may require including wine bars, cafes and places to have you evening meal and if you want to be adventurous that option is also there too. Hope that may help

Altrincham...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Relaxing long weekend in May

Thanks for your help. The forecast is looking up ;-) Hope you enjoy your break.

London, United...
Level Contributor
212 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Relaxing long weekend in May

No Problem, Enjoy your stay.

4. Re: Relaxing long weekend in May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2014, 06:18