We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise stop

Which Trapani hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
wales
Level Contributor
25 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise stop

Our cruise ship calls at Trapani for one day. Any suggestions for a day ashore please.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,229 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise stop

Welcome to Sicily paulinehill2!

Spend the day in Erice!

Mount Erice Sicily:

tripadvisor.com/…34984061

Vagabonda

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cruise stop

Hi,

I will be at the port of Trapani for a day as well on a Monday in early November, and would like to take a bus to Erice. Since it appears that the funicular doesn't operate on Mondays, I was interested in the bus to Erice. The bus website does not work ie for schedules...do you have any idea how I would get from the port of Trapani to Erice by bus then back?? Any help would be appreciated.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cruise stop

Hi,

I will be at the port of Trapani for a day as well on a Monday in early November, and would like to take a bus to Erice. Since it appears that the funicular doesn't operate on Mondays, I was interested in the bus to Erice. The bus website does not work ie for schedules...do you have any idea how I would get from the port of Trapani to Erice by bus then back?? Any help would be appreciated.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,875 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cruise stop

Google shore excusions and any town and all the products avaliable will come up. To get to any place from a to b try www.from rome2rio.com...

what cruise ship goes to trapini? Thanks have fun♡

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,229 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cruise stop

Welcome to Sicily Helen1956!

AST runs the bus service from Trapani to Erice.

The AST site is currently being updated.

Expect revised schedules prior to November, so continue to check for revised winter schedules.

http://www.aziendasicilianatrasporti.it/

The service to Erice may run directly from Trapani's port, or may run from Trapani's train station.

If the service doesn't run from the port, then you would take Trapani's local bus service from the port to the train station. Expect the winter ATM schedules to post as well.

atmtrapani.it/images/…202014.pdf

rome2rio hasn't been reliable for Sicily.

tripadvisor.com/…59704147

Vagabonda

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,229 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cruise stop

The AST website is operational once again.

The buses are currently departing Trapani from Trapani's train station.

Vagabonda

7. Re: Cruise stop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2015, 06:17