We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Gerona to Lloret

Which Lloret de Mar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
462 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Gerona to Lloret

Everyone seems to be opting for bus transfers, but we land quite late at night/early doors and want a taxi transfer.

Can anyone give me a telephone number or a weblink for a taxi company they have used and recommend?

And how much should I expect to pay?

I know that there will be taxi at the airport waiting but I always thinking youre a sitting duck and probably get stitched up with the price.

Many thanks

Taunton, United...
Destination Expert
for Makadi Bay
Level Contributor
868 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Gerona to Lloret

I've always just picked up a taxi from the rank. They all seem to use meters with standard charges. A couple of weeks ago I paid just under 50 euros each way.

uk
Level Contributor
61 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Gerona to Lloret

we are using girotransfer 7 of us in minibus 10 euro each each way -seems fair and they were reliable last yr

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
4,001 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Gerona to Lloret

if you pick up a taxi at the airport ask the driver before you get in how much it will be, i think 50 euros is quite cheap given the distance

smilerjones
Level Contributor
142 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Gerona to Lloret

got back yesaterday from lloret and it cost 48 euro from gerona to lloret in the late evening and 42 euro for the return in the afternoon. that was using a taxi from the rank

Fleetwood, Lancs
Level Contributor
33 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Gerona to Lloret

There is a regular local bus service to Lloret, or you can get transfers from resorthopper.com. these you can book on-line, the coaches are reasonable, but be prepared for a long journey as the coaches call at lots of other resorts along the coast 1st, and can take a couple of hours for the 30 min journey. taxis from the rank are a bit cheaper than resorthoppers, but check with the driver first. Also if you are traveling out of season check with hotel that you have booked that it is open as the H-Top frequently close some of the hotel and consolidate into one hotel in the resort, not telling booking agents and tour operators, this can add considerably to your taxi fare as happenened to me a couple of years ago.

durham
Level Contributor
288 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Gerona to Lloret

I just got back yesterday from santa susanna,flew to gerona and pre booked with shuttle direct for transfer.

this was the cheapest i found on line for transfer to resort (looked at loads of options)it cost £60 for the 4 of us return.It was going to cost £120 with the same copany for a taxi.

tried to do it the cheapest way but found out this is not the best way.had to wait 45 mins on the bus before it set off as it waited for another flight coming in.

it dropped off and picked up at hotel no problem.

it took us a long time each journey for a 40 min run.

Will defo just get taxi next time.

hope this helps

7. Re: Taxi from Gerona to Lloret

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 05:24
Get answers to your questions about Lloret de Mar