We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is lloret de mar really for us

Which Lloret de Mar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
97 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
is lloret de mar really for us

we are still searcing for a summer family holiday. we are looking at lloret de mar we have enjoyed holidays in fuengirola, torremolinos tenerife and salou, we are in our 40/50s with a 15 year old son our typical holiday is to wander around in the morning/afternoon have a bite to eat and a drink and then beach/pool later on we enjoy going out every evening for a meal and really enjoy the holiday atmosphere (not clubland 18-30 atmosphere). in fuengirola/torre there are streets just dedicated to evening eating is there one in lorret de mar also we love a weekly market to look around, we are quite happy to get local buses to different area to have a look, we dont want to have to hire a car, is the shops and restaurants decent shops any help would be great thankyou

southern england
Destination Expert
for Lloret de Mar, Calella
Level Contributor
2,219 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is lloret de mar really for us

while lloret can be great for families it will be full of youngstersof all nationalities in the summer who have gone to party, and party hard.

i would not try and put anyone off any resort, but you need to choose your hotel wisely. some hotels, especially those in the main part of town, will be full of these youngsters and respect for other guests is a very low priority.your sleep may/will be compromised.

there is not a dedicated street for evening eating but there are plenty of good restaurants all through town. personally if going to lloret i think you would be better getting a hotel in the fenals area which is a bit quieter and only a 20 minute walk into the main town at night. there are plenty bars restaurants in that area so you dont need to go to town every night.

i would also look at malgrat in your situation. plenty bars/shops/restaurants and not normally full of party mad kids. it is also on the main train line to barcelona

The Hague, The...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: is lloret de mar really for us

Hi,

I agree with Jim that lloert can be full of youngsters looking for a nightclubs since Llorret is well known as THE place for party all night long.

If you looking for a nice place to have a familly holidays with plenty of restaurants, bars, beautiful beaches and lots of options for different activities I would suggest to try Platja d'Aro (www.fernandezcostabrava.wordpress.com or platjadaro.com)! Beautiful touristic village with 4-5 different beaches, a lot of shops, streets full of spanish bars and restaurants but still qiuet place where you can really enjoy your vacation. We've been there couple of times and really enjoyed.

regards

Edited: 12 January 2013, 15:30
Province of...
Level Contributor
207 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is lloret de mar really for us

Hi, I would suggest Platja d'Aro as well. It is much more family oriented, with lots of shops, restaurants and also many tourists from Catalonia itself. Lloret de Mar is very popular among youngsters.

If you like something more relaxed there are plenty of options in Costa Brava, more scenic than Platja d'Aro, but if you are looking for restaurants, shops and entertainment, this is a good idea.

Tossa de Mar is also a very nice place with its castle, and could be a good option for you.

The Hague, The...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: is lloret de mar really for us

100% agree... ;)

chippenham
Level Contributor
381 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is lloret de mar really for us

My husband and I( 52 in age) went to Lloret last June and were disappointed by the fact that although we knew it was a youngsters place ie clubs, we didn't realise that there were not that many nice little bars to sit outside and enjoy the weather. We regularly go to Benidorm ( all different times of year) been to Torremolinos, Greek Islands( Ayia Napa, Faliraki) Zante(Argassi) Kos(Kardamena) so enjoy a lively time but to us Lloret was lacking in bars for our agegroup. Also met others who thought it quite boring. Malgrat which is just along the coast has now got some nice cafes and drinking places. My colleague at work( 22) and friend recently went there and was happy with the nightlife(there are a couple of clubs). With regards to hotel, I did do a lot of research first and was happy with my choice. Great price. Off the strip and quiet at night ( although late June and the season in full swing). Food was great. Did write a review of the Aqua Bertran Hotel in June/July last year so consider having a quick look. Hope this helps.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,982 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is lloret de mar really for us

Have a look at Tossa De Mar just up the coast a bit ..Could be what you are looking for

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
55,162 posts
3,468 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is lloret de mar really for us

Another vote for Tossa de Mar.

Lloret de Mar, Spain
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: is lloret de mar really for us

Lloret de mar has something for everyone.research before hand and you wont be let down.i live here now and have had many holidays here.certain times of the year the amount of ' younger' people are higher but that should not put you off as a summer holiday destination.hotels aqaurium and oasis, fenals garden would suit the older holiday maker.please dont be put off visiting this great town....

Guayaquil, Ecuador
Level Contributor
48 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: is lloret de mar really for us

I really would not recommend you to go to Lloret de mar! its nothing nice there, no nice beaches. Not good restaurants. And so much young teenagers who are drunk and noisy. You will not really enjoy this place! I can recommend you Sitges and Alicante! Or Malaga and Valencia....

there are so much more better choices then the ugly choice Lloret de mar! Really don't go there!

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,445 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: is lloret de mar really for us

We have never visited the Costa Brava but were put off Lloret by the fact that it seems to attract large numbers of youngsters intent upon partying and therefore getting drunk, we once mistakenly booked Marmaris in Turkey which has a similar rep and had a terrible time so would advise against it unless you want to be exposed to bunches of drunken youths mooning and generally being a nuisance, can go down to any city centre in the UK of a saturday night to enjoy this spectacle.

We have booked Tossa de Mar but be warned, this popular little gem is getting booked up early, so get your skates on.

Get answers to your questions about Lloret de Mar
Recent Conversations