We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lloret de mar, Benidorm, Playa de Las Americas, or Magaluf

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
750 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Lloret de mar, Benidorm, Playa de Las Americas, or Magaluf

Hi,

There will be about 15 of us going on a Stag-do in June 2014.

The ages primarily range from 28-34.

We can't decide whether to go to Playa de las Americas, Benidorm, Magaluf or Lloret de Mar.

Any suggestions?

We would want bars in the evening (clubs are optional), decent weather, quite cheap (cheap to get to from the UK, cheap hotels/Villas, and cheap beer!). Would also want the option of daytime activities (go-karts, watersports etc).

Also want to consider the flying time from London, as we don't want to fly too long for a few days.

Which should we choose?

Thanks in advance!

Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lloret de mar, Benidorm, Playa de Las Americas, or Magaluf

Hi Danny,

Have you had a look at Albufeira? I went in June this year and it was pretty hot. Loads of stag and hen parties. Good food for very little money. Large beer from €1.30 on the Strip! You can rent quad bikes in Albufeira and there are jet skis and banana boats along the beach.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
750 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lloret de mar, Benidorm, Playa de Las Americas, or Magaluf

Thank you.

A couple of people have mentioned this destination actually, so will take a look at it!

Cheers

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
229 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lloret de mar, Benidorm, Playa de Las Americas, or Magaluf

If you are wanting cheap drinks stay away from Playa de Las Americas. last year in magaluf pints were a euro each , it was also like this in Benidorm when I went this May

Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lloret de mar, Benidorm, Playa de Las Americas, or Magaluf

Stay away from magaluf unless you want to be clubbing with 16 year olds. I was there last july 22yr old at the time and could not bear it any longer so i payed to move resort. I like lloret it is very lively but I don't feel like a pensioner there unlike in magaluf. Lloret has a lot on offer water sports, plenty of choice for bars, restrants and night clubs and the prices of food and drink are very resonable. Portugal is also a good choice but a longer flight time. I always seem to get a bargain holiday to lloret usually 250pp for a week AI, but you should easily beat that price flying from london. I havnt been to benidorm or the other place so I can't comment.

London, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lloret de mar, Benidorm, Playa de Las Americas, or Magaluf

Where did you decide? We are 16 going on a hen party in June 2014 and also cant decide!

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
750 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lloret de mar, Benidorm, Playa de Las Americas, or Magaluf

We decided on Magaluf.

Approximately 15 of us going at the end of June!

London, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lloret de mar, Benidorm, Playa de Las Americas, or Magaluf

Lloret looking likely for us as lots flying from Bristol and the flights are better times and cheaper!

Enjoy Maga! :-)

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
237 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lloret de mar, Benidorm, Playa de Las Americas, or Magaluf

Hi there are 12 of us flying out from Bristol on 30th May for a long weekend,have you found any decent hotels for when you go?

Edited: 15 November 2013, 20:15
Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
750 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lloret de mar, Benidorm, Playa de Las Americas, or Magaluf

We looked at Mallorca Rocks and the Vistasol.

Both looked fine, depending on how lively you want it!

Thirsk, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lloret de mar, Benidorm, Playa de Las Americas, or Magaluf

Magaluf fab, Mallorca Rocks or Sol Wave, right on the beach and 5 minute walk to the strip.

Get answers to your questions about Lloret de Mar
Recent Conversations