We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Great barrier reef from Nerang

Which Nerang hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Topic
Day trip to Great barrier reef from Nerang

I am looking for day tours to Great Barrier reef from Nerang. Please send me inforamtion on this.

7 replies to this topic
South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Great barrier reef from Nerang

sorry, not possible.

even the southern part of the reef is too far away for day trips.

Edited: 24 February 2012, 19:32
the overflow
Level Contributor
426 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Great barrier reef from Nerang

www.seairpacific.com.au/index.php…

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Great barrier reef from Nerang

ok then. sorry about the misinformation

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to Great barrier reef from Nerang

OK, it may be possible, but in real terms a day trip to the reef from Nerang it isn't practical unless you want to part with A$700 per adult.

The amount of time you spent on Lady Elliot on that day trip would be frustratingly small. And expensive.

If the OP has a large supply of money and little time this trip might just be worth it.

If not I'd suggest a trip to Bundaberg (5 hours drive approx) or further north to go out to the reef.

Cheerz Wabster.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,438 posts
258 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip to Great barrier reef from Nerang

First time poster, "out-there" question, from Nerang of all places? Nerang is a hole. Why would you be there if you are, as I can only assume, intending on holidaying on the Gold Coast as an overseas tourist!

Sorry if I offend anyone from Highland Park.... :P

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
612 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip to Great barrier reef from Nerang

Worthwhile visits to the Barrier Reef leave from Cairns & Port Douglas in far North Queensland. These are nearly 2,000 road miles north of Nerang.

Further south and the reef is too far offshore for practical day visits unless you are on an offshore island eg. the Whitsundays.

Why are you presumably staying at Nerang? This is an isolated inland post serving mainly as a transport hub for the Gold Coast.

I suggest that you go back and do some more research.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
18,945 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trip to Great barrier reef from Nerang

Worthwhile Visits also leave from 1770, Airlie ( Mainland Whitsundays, many of the island departures originate from Airlie or Shute Harbour).

OP may be staying with friends or family or for work, and is just making enquiries as to what is possible.

We had visitors this week who drove to Port macquarie for the day because they were told it was a lovely area by someone else...yep 9 hour drive, they thought it worthwhile. Each to their own.

Reply to: Day trip to Great barrier reef from Nerang
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nerang