We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island Vibe festival

Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Island Vibe festival

We were thinking of visiting North Stradbroke on Oct 30. But I realized there is a Island Vibe Festival from Oct 28-30. I would really prefer it to have been a quieter visit. Would the island be swamped with people, or would the festival be concentrated in one small area of the island? I also worried bcos its a ticketed event that some areas will be inaccessible to us.

Does anybody have any experience visiting the island during the festival? I would really appreciate your help. Thank you!

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Island Vibe festival

Haven't been during that festival but have been when there's jazz festivals at the Little Ships Club at Dunwich, however Island Vibes is much bigger.

If you stay around Amity Point it will be a lot quieter, but Point Lookout area - suspect it will be busy.

Do you have accommodation? That may be the problem.

LTB

Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Island Vibe festival

We're jus planning a day trip and headin to gold coast after that. We do want to check out the areas around point lookout. Should we do something else on the 30th and drive up fr gold coast on the 31st?

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Island Vibe festival

Perhaps go after. You haven't mentioned if you are taking your car over. If so I'd book the vehicle ferry beforehand .

Check out the Big Red Cat or Stradbroke Ferries websites for bookings.

If you go by the passenger ferry- remember there are two companies that operate, the Gold Cats which berth at one mile jetty at Dunwich,(near the Little Ships Club) or Stradbroke Ferries water taxi whiich berths at the main jetty at Dunwich. Both depart Toondah Harbour at Cleveland

Bus connections are available to Point Lookout.

Enjoy your trip LTB

Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Island Vibe festival

We've decided to go on the 31st instead. I'm wondering how far ahead do we need to book the vehicle ferry if we're going on a Monday? How long is it to drive to the ferry terminal from gold coast?

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,906 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Island Vibe festival

You won't need to book on a Monday, I would allow an hour and a half drive from Surfers depending on traffic. Have a look at trip planner on www.racq.com.au for distance and timeline.

You will love Straddie!

Edited: 25 October 2011, 20:34
Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Island Vibe festival

If you book online you can get cheaper fares. We do with one company as we are "frequent floaters"

Try the web sites of Stradbroke Ferries and Big Red Cat and look at special offers

Ditto to surfoz "you'll love Straddie"

Edited: 25 October 2011, 22:13
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Island Vibe festival

Oh great, We can keep our plans flexible if we dun need to book. I can't wait to get there, it really looks lovely!!! Thank you guys!!

Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Island Vibe festival

I just keep having all these questions, bear with me. If we want to catch the 9am ferry fr Cleveland, what time do you recommend we set off from Surfers Paradise, taking into considerations peak hr traffic and all(Also when is peak hr between GC & Brisbane anyway?)

I'm thinking of catching the 6pm ferry back to mainland, does that sound like enough time for a daytrip? (its about 6/7 hrs)

We are driving a normal car, so no beach driving for us, is the main beach accessible via a walking trail?

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Island Vibe festival

Where on the Gold Coast are you departing? That will make a difference to the time it takes. From Surfers I'd give at least an hour at that time of the morning

You will be driving in peak hour traffic and if there's an incident on the motorway you could get held up.

Are you booking online first? You need to be there at least 30 mins before

Yes you can walk down to the beach at Port Lookout. Also recommend the walk around the headland/North Gorge for the most wonderful views which include the "blowhole"

Depends on what you want to do and see on the island - you haven't mentioned that either, but 6 hrs you'll see some of what the island has to offer

more info redlandstourism.com/pages/about-north-stradb…

Edited: 26 October 2011, 11:56
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Island Vibe festival

Yup we definitely want to do Point Lookout and the north gorge area....if there's time perhaps amity point as well.

I can't seem to make a booking on bigredcat as they require vehicle registration which we do not have now. We'll be driving a rental car.

Can we purchase tickets on site or any other way to book?

Get answers to your questions about North Stradbroke Island