We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment for 4 adults in August

Heg
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
59 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Apartment for 4 adults in August

Hi

We need to rent an apt for two nights in August. 2 couples. Most of the resorts don't get particularly good reviews on TA.

We need two bedrooms and preferably two bathrooms. An easy walk to beach and cafes would be ideal as my dad uses a stick to walk.

Any suggestions? It is our first trip over there.

Point Lookout
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartment for 4 adults in August

Try contacting Discover Stradbroke who manage a whole bunch of premium properties on Straddie including renovated apartments in a couple of resorts. Google them or call 3415 3949. Good luck!

Edited: 04 March 2012, 05:43
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
148 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartment for 4 adults in August

The Straddie pub is Awesome , very close to cylinder beach ...which is beautiful there are some small shops nearby ........ the main "hub"of the place is point lookout ...although it probably doesnt class as a "hub" everywhere is pretty laid back

I have camped there many times it is a beautiful place ........ there is a walk ..the north gorge walk , which depending how mobile he is , really is beautiful and from memory pretty flat ( i did it not long after having major surgery) and there were seats along the way ...it does a loop of the headland near point lookout

If you were to stay at the pub it would probably be a bus to get there if he isnt too mobile

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apartment for 4 adults in August

You didn't mention if you wanted to stay around the Amity Point area or Point Lookout.

The problem you'll have around the PL area is that it's quite hilly, and not ideal for your father with a stick.

We've stayed at Stradbroke Island Beach Hotel Resort, and the apartments are quite good, (see my review) but it is a walk with steps down to the beach. It's only within walking distance of the Hotel restaurant and IMO the food isn't great, very ordinary.

You'd have to drive to the couple of restaurants up at the Point.

I'd check out sites like stayz.com.au or www.takeabreak.com.au there's plenty of decent apartments or houses to rent direct from the owners, but I'd ask them about access for your father.

Amity Point is much flatter and easier to get around, but the beach is getting smaller and smaller because of the Rainbow Channel taking over. But if you do stay there only swim in the enclosure, as I've seen huge sharks quite close to shore.

If you want to know if a location is suitable and not too hilly, just message me as I know the island quite well

happy planning

LTB

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane, Noosa
Level Contributor
5,906 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apartment for 4 adults in August

Agree with LTB, if you are looking at Point Lookout, I can't think of anywhere that may be suitable for your dad close to the beach, the exception may be Anchorage Beachfront resort but cafes etc are further away.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Apartment for 4 adults in August

You could try Sea Shanties at Amity Point if you want to try somewhere with level access. Beautiful absolute waterfront. There are newly renovated cabins and you could get 2 cabins to give each couple some privacy.

Point Lookout...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Apartment for 4 adults in August

You have not heard about Samarinda Apartments. All of our apartments have two bathrooms and are fully self contained with water views. We have one apartment which has no steps/stairs. Our website www.samarinda.com.au Our phone no 3409 8785 Look forward to hearing from you soon. Cheers Jo Barrass

Heg
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
59 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Apartment for 4 adults in August

Hi Jo

Can you let me have rates for a two night stay please? Arrive 24th August leave 26th august. 4 adults (2 couples) so a two bed two bath apt please.

Feel free to send me a private message if you prefer?

Thank you

Brisbane...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Apartment for 4 adults in August

contact Dolphin Holiday Accommodation. They have the largest range of houses and apartments 07 34098455 or www.straddie.info

9. Re: Apartment for 4 adults in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2017, 01:18
Get answers to your questions about North Stradbroke Island