We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hap's Grill on Main Street

Salisbury, North...
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Hap's Grill on Main Street

Today I went to a Hot Dog Stand in Downtown Salisbury, NC for the first time. I have heard about this place and read how good it was. I have always seen the line of people in line just to get hot dogs. I got there at 10 AM and not expecting the place to be open yet. They open at 10 and there were already 5 to 6 people inside wanting food.

Hap's Grill is a Hot Dog Stand, and that's all it is. They do not have Chicken sandwiches, and not even fries. All they have are bottles of Cheerwine and bags of chips. They do not sell fried eggs and just have hot dogs on Wednesdays. They have hot dogs everyday. The Menu includes Hot dogs, chili dogs, cheese dogs and yes they have hamburgers and chili burgers. But 10 to one they sell hot dogs.

This is a Pure Hot Dog Stand. It is not Fancy but it doesn't have to be. If you will notice the pictures that I took, you will notice a 100% Health Inspection RATING! Also, you will notice a Award on the wall. It is a Best Of NC Dining. How many "places" if you live in NC have you seen this award. I would say, not many.

This is a good Hot Dog Stand, plain and simple.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
1,222 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hap's Grill on Main Street

sounds like heaven on a bun, and may be worth the drive even from here. thanks for the info, it's now on my radar screen as a must try.

Salisbury, North...
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hap's Grill on Main Street

I put a review on Hap's Grill under Restaurants with pictures. I am just waiting on T/A to post them.

3. Re: Hap's Grill on Main Street

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 19:20
Get answers to your questions about Salisbury
More Salisbury Topics