We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

whats the weather in first week of oct.

Austintown, Ohio
1 post
Save Topic
whats the weather in first week of oct.

planing a trip oct. 3 thur oct. 13 .whats the weather like.

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,670 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: whats the weather in first week of oct.

Kinda hard to say a month away. It could rain, could be warm, could be windy. Normally it is very nice until January.

Chapel Hill, NC
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: whats the weather in first week of oct.

We'd like to think that North Carolina gets an autumn every year, but the truth is we get Indian summers in October pretty often.

If you look up the city you're going to at Weather.com, I think they can give you averages for different times of the year. I would say that in the first week of October, it's usually not hot, but still pretty warm. In the 70s, maybe.

Don't quote me on that, though; transitional seasons in NC are pretty unpredictable.

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
333 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: whats the weather in first week of oct.

October on the coast has always been my favorite month of the year. Typically great weather...but you should go to the Weather Channel or Accuweather and look through the historical numbers. Might give you a better idea.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
450 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: whats the weather in first week of oct.

It's impossible to say, but usually fall here is beautiful. Warm days, and cool at night with lower humidity. The Inidan Summer days are hot, but it's the last bit of summer, and I love it. The humidity is usually lower, so even if it's hot it's still comfortable. Water is probably still warm enough for a swim, too!

It's a good time of year here in general as the pace slows down from the summer. Less traffic, everything is open, and the sales are great....

Boardman, Ohio
Level Contributor
7,414 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: whats the weather in first week of oct.

Heading to Duck Oct. 3rd - 10th for my 13th trip to the OBX. Usually travel the 2nd or 3rd week of Sept., but have to go a little later this year. In mid to late Sept., the weather has been fantastic for us, so I would Imagine the first week of Oct. won't be much different.

I have found the Ocean & pools to be quite comfortable this time of year.

6. Re: whats the weather in first week of oct.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2011, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Southern Shores
More Southern Shores Topics