We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

8 oceanview loop questions

Nutley NJ
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
8 oceanview loop questions

Were OBX newbies and were staying at 8 oceanview loop does anyone know of this house and this area? Anything we should know I have heard in other forums that its dangerous crossing NC12. How bad is it? Here is the link to the house were renting......

http://www.sunrealtync.com/house/ss-002

5 replies to this topic
Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
2,935 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 8 oceanview loop questions

The traffic on Rt 12 is bumper to bumper there most weekends and there is always traffic on Rt 12. There is a crosswalk but you must be careful, wait for traffic to stop to let you cross and there will be no problems. Accidents there are rare.

Green Bay
Level Contributor
197 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 8 oceanview loop questions

We have stayed on the same road in a house around the corner and as the previous poster mentioned, there can be a lot of traffic; however, we never found that we had too much trouble crossing the road to the beach. You might have to wait a few minutes at most to cross NC12.

I love that area as it is very close to the grocery stores and you don't get stuck in traffic like some other areas since you don't have far to go from N Croatan Hwy to your rental.

Nutley NJ
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 8 oceanview loop questions

Thanks for your feedback we have some teens with us and we were concerned about them going to the beach alone... Thanks again

Philadelphia
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 8 oceanview loop questions

OMG. That is my granddaughter!

Nutley NJ
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 8 oceanview loop questions

Who is your Granddaughter?