We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gas Prices

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Gas Prices

We're heading to N. Topsail Island sometime this week wondering how the gas prices are in the area. Around here they are still $4.11. Any suggestions on good places to stop on the way? Who has the best prices in the area?

We do like to go to the Friendly Mart in Surf City because, well, they're so friendly. Let us know...

Be there soon, can't wait!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gas Prices

Virginia prices have come down a lot. Out of Fairfax county a little south on 95 you should be able to find $3.75. You may need to go away from the interstate a little to find a lower price, but they shouldn't be too alarming.

PA
Level Contributor
575 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gas Prices

We budgeted for an average of $5 a gal. so I'm happy to see that they are under that price. More money to spend on other things in and around the area.

Topsail Island, NC
Level Contributor
977 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gas Prices

Here in the Topsail area you'll find gas prices as low as $3.83 (Hampstead) up through the $3.90s.

If anyone comes through Kinston, NC on their way to Topsail, I saw gas at $3.59 there this weekend.

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gas Prices

I see Sam's Club was at $3.99 today, sounds like going south, the gas is cheaper. Can't wait.

Topsail Island, NC
Level Contributor
977 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gas Prices

I bought gas for $3.62 the other day.

Topsail Island
Level Contributor
365 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gas Prices

It wont be like that after this weekend,They are already evactuating the oil rigs.

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gas Prices

When we were in Topsail last week the prices were anywhere from $3.64 on up. Around Winchester Va. we saw it for $3.44 on Monday. Up here in NY it is back up to $3.88.

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gas Prices

We seem to be holding at $3.79, but 20 minutes away in Pa. it is around $3.50.

Topsail Island, NC
Level Contributor
977 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gas Prices

I saw gas today in Hampstead for $3.73 but most places it's about $3.79.

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gas Prices

We heard today on the news of gas shortages, up to an hour in line in NC. BUT then they went on to say that it was in the western part of the state.

Get answers to your questions about Surf City
Recent Conversations