We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

#1 Seafood restaurant Poll! Help:)

OHIO
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
#1 Seafood restaurant Poll! Help:)

Hey all :) We're making the trip down to Topsail in early May & We LOVE seafood!!! I have 3 Questions for you all:

*What's your #1 fav place for seafood?

*What's the avg. price for an entree?

*What's your favorite item on the menu?

Thanks!

Izzie

Topsail Island, NC
Level Contributor
977 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: #1 Seafood restaurant Poll! Help:)

That's a hard question because there are so many places that serve seafood.

I guess when I think of fresh seafood in the area I think of the Riverview Cafe in Sneads Ferry. I'd say that a dinner entree will probably cost you about $12 or so.

Other favorites of mine are the coconut crab soup and the fresh grilled fish at Sears Landing in Surf City; the calamari at Home Port Restaurant & Pub in Topsail Beach; and the grilled fish with mango salsa at Rick's in Sneads Ferry.

There's plenty of other good tasting seafood that I'm probably leaving out but those are the ones that come to mind at the moment.

Oh great, now I'm hungry :)

North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: #1 Seafood restaurant Poll! Help:)

I also really like The rvierview cafe. It is always busy so that many people can't be wrong.

Indiana
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: #1 Seafood restaurant Poll! Help:)

I have to agree with the other posters here about The Riverview. Our family went there last May (2008) and the food was excellent. I can't recall what each of us ordered, but I know I ordered from the selection that they have written on the chalk board which is variety of seafood and you can pick 4 or 5 selections. The scallops were to die for! It is a very casual atmosphere, no need to dress up.

While there make sure you take the time to visit "The Shop Across the Street", which is literally across the street from the Riverview. The owners of the shop are very friendly and we enjoyed chatting with them.

We also enjoyed walking down to L T Everett & Sons Seafood, which is directly behind the restaurant and you can watch the fishing/shrimp boats come in.

Virginia Beach, VA
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: #1 Seafood restaurant Poll! Help:)

Check out the River View Cafe. Food is excellent, service is great and its a great deal for the money. Worth every penny.

Topsail Island
Level Contributor
365 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: #1 Seafood restaurant Poll! Help:)

Riverview was good at one time,like twenty years ago but then they switched to cheaper imported seafood and its not the same.Of course if you don't know the difference you wont mind.

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,545 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: #1 Seafood restaurant Poll! Help:)

I also like the Riverview.

But down the road in Sneads Ferry is LorLeLies(sp). Every visit my husband and I go there often, they have a great salad with fresh scallops on it. We ahve tried other meals, have never had a bad meal. Prices are average, beer ice cold.

Don't forget to post a trip report:)

Have a great trip!

(Oh, and I crave the oysters from the Seaview Pier)

Topsail Island
Level Contributor
365 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: #1 Seafood restaurant Poll! Help:)

The first Shrimp of the season have arrived at the fish house today,They are from SC and they are big.Got Myself a pound and plan on some Linquini and Shrimp with lots of garlic,crushed red pepper and parsley.You won;t find that at Riverview.

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,545 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: #1 Seafood restaurant Poll! Help:)

MMM, fresh shrimp, I love fresh shrimp! When in town we buy ours from Evertts right on the water by the Riverview. We have even bought them right off the boats. My favorite is grilled with a little lemon or butter or just NAKED.

Glad to hear they are available!

Topsail Island, NC
Level Contributor
977 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: #1 Seafood restaurant Poll! Help:)

I agree, fresh shrimp, mmmm.

We went to the Riverview and ate so I actually asked if the seafood is fresh and local. The answer - yes and no. Most of the fish, shrimp, oysters, clams, etc. are fresh and local when in season. Others, such as tilapia, are bought from distributors.

I just thought I'd ask at the source and clear this up instead of just speculating.

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,545 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: #1 Seafood restaurant Poll! Help:)

I thought the Riverview was too good to use the frozen stuff, but I didn't have the facts. Now I do!

I like their hushpuppies also.

Get answers to your questions about Surf City
Recent Conversations