We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kid-Friendly activities in (or around) the Surf City area?

CT
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Kid-Friendly activities in (or around) the Surf City area?

We're planning a vacation to Surf City the last week of July and were wondering what types of kid-friendly activities there might be in the area.

Our kids are 10, 7 and 3 1/2 and ideally I'd prefer not to travel more than 1-2 hours from Surf City. However, we'd be open to traveling longer than 2 hours for something the kids would really enjoy.

I'm open to any suggestions (museums, family fun parks, etc...).

Thanks so much for your input!

Topsail Island
Level Contributor
365 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kid-Friendly activities in (or around) the Surf City area?

The Town of Surf City Sonsres a Movie in the Park during the Summer at the Soundside park that is perfect for Families you can find out whats happening by visiting their website .There is also a ton of things to do without leaving the beach.Aquariums are within an hour drive from here on days that that you might want to venture away.We also have a minigolf that My Two Youngins rave about.

CT
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kid-Friendly activities in (or around) the Surf City area?

jellybear7 - Excellent, thank you so much. This is exactly the type of information I'm looking for.

The movie is the park sounds fantastic and my kids love minigolf. I've got quite a list going for the Wilmington area but I don't want to be traveling every day so activities close to our rental are preferable.

Thanks again :-)

North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,378 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kid-Friendly activities in (or around) the Surf City area?

The Turtle Hospital is also nice.

Located in Topsail beach.

http://seaturtlehospital.org/

Of course there are putt putts.

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kid-Friendly activities in (or around) the Surf City area?

Just over the swing bridge in Surf City is Docksiders. They have putt-putt, an arcade, and gift shop. Out on the porches there are a lot of activities for young and old. It is a nice place to spend a couple of hours.

In Sneads Ferry there is an indoor skating rink. I am not sure what road it is on.

Of course my favorite is the big ocean. Have a good time!

5. Re: Kid-Friendly activities in (or around) the Surf City area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2009, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Surf City
Recent Conversations