We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

surf city or topsail beach(south end)

Chicago
Level Contributor
74 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
surf city or topsail beach(south end)

I am trying to decide between a few rentals in Surf City or Topsail Beach(on south end). It will be myself, my husband, my parents, brother, sister in law, and niece. We will be staying 2-3 nights. Which area do you think would be better? We don't want to have a lot of noise. If anyone has an opinion on the places we're considering, I'd love to hear them.... Queen's Grant, Star of the Sea, Abaco, and Wading for You.

Thanks

Topsail Island
Level Contributor
365 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: surf city or topsail beach(south end)

The South End ,They roll up the streets at 7:00.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: surf city or topsail beach(south end)

If you want real quiet-get south enough so you are off the main road.

For a lot of Topsail, there is one main north/south road. In spots where the island is a little wider, there are "blocks".

Look online at a map/google satellite and you will see what I mean.

You want quiet-Agree go for Topsail Beach. We will be there less than 4 weeks!

Queens Grant is a condo-style place, so you could potentially have noisy neighbors. I have never stayed there, but have been inside a unit.

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,545 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: surf city or topsail beach(south end)

The south end does seem more laid-back, BUT, I have never stayed there.

North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,380 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: surf city or topsail beach(south end)

Surf city is defiantly the noisiest part of the Island. Have you looked at the North Topsail Beach??? The condos at the North end are nicer than Queens Grant.

Chicago
Level Contributor
74 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: surf city or topsail beach(south end)

I have looked but can't find one that is in our budget.

wickly
Level Contributor
65 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: surf city or topsail beach(south end)

Once you are beyond walkng or bike distance of the commerccial district, I don't think you could really be able to tell exactly here on the island you are from your deck or from the beach. It is all pretty quiet and uncrowded.

7. Re: surf city or topsail beach(south end)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Surf City
Recent Conversations