We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Concerned about the weather for our Vacation next week!

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
13 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Concerned about the weather for our Vacation next week!

We have rented a house in SurfCity from 8/17-8/24 I looked at the weather and it says scattered thunder storms all week long :( But it all says the same thing 20 - 40% chance high 80's. I know how coastal areas work alot of the time things blow over, is this normal? Or should we expect to be stuck inside all day?

Mab

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Concerned about the weather for our Vacation next week!

20-40% is a standard forecast in the summer as is scattered or isolated showers.

Most likely if the humidity is high you may expect to get a late afternoon or evening shower. Rarely is the entire week a washout. We have been sitting in the sunshine on the beach while our phone map shows a huge rain cloud over us.

No worries-bring a rain jacket in case and enjoy your vacation!

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
8,691 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Concerned about the weather for our Vacation next week!

It's pretty much the same forecast in Annapolis. I would expect the occasional rain shower or thunderstorm in the late afternoon/evening.

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
13 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Concerned about the weather for our Vacation next week!

Thank you so much... I got so bummed out looking at the weather... Hopefully, it will work out just fine. How are the waves?

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Concerned about the weather for our Vacation next week!

Here is a link for waves:

surfline.com/surf-report/…

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
13 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Concerned about the weather for our Vacation next week!

Great thanks so much.... I know some fellas that will find this quite interesting!

Johnson City...
Level Contributor
207 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Concerned about the weather for our Vacation next week!

The web page Surf Chex Topsail has a live camera at the Surf City Pier...looks like a nice day today.

I hope the weather doesn't prevent you have from have a wonderful Topsail vacation. If the weather does have you lookiing for something to do there are 2 NC aquariums about an 1 hr drive...Fort Fisher to the south and Pine Knolls to the north. Renting kayaks or going on a tour on the intercostal waterway is really nice..no so much when the weather is rainey/stormey.

Mentioned in this post
Surf City Pier
Surf City Pier
167 Reviews
Topsail Island, NC
7. Re: Concerned about the weather for our Vacation next week!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Surf City
Recent Conversations