We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Topsail

Hartford, CT
7 posts
Save Topic
Topsail

I will be staying on Topsail Island for the 1st time this summer with 2 other families. Any suggestions for places to see...casual dining.... we have an age spread of 80 years old to 8 years old.

Do we need a car to get arounf the Island?

Any dining place we should stay away from?

Any places for teens to hang out ?

CT
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Topsail

We stayed at Topsail last year for a week. We loved it, but found the area restaurants to be horrible, especially the service. We liked Molly's. We tried what the Island had to offer for dining and were not thrilled. But everything else was great. I would think you'd need a car though. Our teens basically just shopped the little surf stores. They hung out on the beach mostly.

North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Topsail

Dining: I like the Riverview cafe in Sneads Ferry. It is not fancy but the food is always good. I also like clam diggers in Sneads ferry. I like Pepperonis for pizza at the St Regis. My kids prefer Long Island pizza in Surf City. The Atlantis at the St Regis is also nice, very expensive but the best view on the Island. Wilmington is very nice for a day trip but if you are on the north end of the island Jacksonville is much closer. Jacksonville has many chain restaurants and a mall. If you like to bowl, you can bowl for $2.00 a game at Camp Lejeune. There is an aquarium in Moorhead city and one close to Fort Fisher. When we go to Top Sail we usually go into Jacksonville for Dinner one night and go bowling or the Movies. We usually eat in. Topsail is VERY laid back and there are not many fancy restaurants there. The restaurants in Surf city are usually very crowded during summer season. Most of the shops are in the surf city area. Of course you should check out the turtle hospital while you are there. The turtle hospital and missile museum are on the very south end of the island.

You will really need a car. Topsail is not like Carolina beach where you can easily walk anywhere. It has a town and then the beach houses. You will need to drive around.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
95 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Topsail

We have eaten at Rick's many times and have found the food to be very good and the service is greet. Casual dining - good steaks and seafood. They also have a sports bar area.

Great bagels in the mornings at Minervinni's NY Bagels.

Both of theseplaces located 1/2 mile fromt he high water bridge going to Topsail Island in Sneads Ferry.

4. Re: Topsail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Surf City
Recent Conversations