We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surf City Restaurants open around Thanksgiving

Hillsborough, North...
Level Contributor
75 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Surf City Restaurants open around Thanksgiving

Our extended family is renting a house at Surf City for Thanksgiving. We have done this several times before at different locales, never at Surf City. On Thanksgiving day we will do our own cooking but we would like to eat out the Wednesday before and the Friday after. Mainly looking for seafood. What would be recommended/ available at that time?

Johnson City...
Level Contributor
195 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surf City Restaurants open around Thanksgiving

Lucky for you and your family to be on Topsail for Thanksgiving. Hope you have ocean front or sound front cooking and dining. I don't know if these restaurants will be open but I think they should...

.Riverview Cafe (910)-327-2011/Sneads Ferry it's a little bit of drive from Surf City but should be worth it...they have been in business for several decades and serve the freshest of fresh seafood. Just about all there is seafood is fried but can be served broiled at an extra charge.There are also several specials of the day. This might be the place for Weds. as they have the best homemade meringue pies and could always get one or two for your Thanksgiving meal or meals.

Sears Landing (910) 328-1312 in Surf City. Not a real big menu but good choices. I really like there coconut crab soup and crab cakes. They are located on the sound just over the swing bridge. The have really unique sauces( Mermaid, Island, Bimini) to compliment their seafood.

Fish Bites(910) 791-1117 Wilmington. It is about a 45 to hour drive but a very easy drive. My favorite place to go for seafood. Very good menu and selections of seafood. When we were last there in October they were serving Topsail oysters. If you go for dinner you will need to call for a reservation..limited seating and not much on decor.

Hope you have a good trip with many wonderful memories.

North Topsail...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Surf City Restaurants open around Thanksgiving

Dear Traveling Beast,

I live and work in the area, and there are several great restaurants around here that should be open during the week of Thanksgiving. In addition to the ones Debbie mentioned, you might also try Baked Pizza Company, Highway 55 (Andy's), Rick's Sports Bar, Cancun (Mexican), or Em 'R Wings, which are staples in Sneads Ferry (where the famous River View Cafe is located). In Surf City, you might enjoy The New York Corner Deli, Max's Pizza, Buddy's (on the ocean), or Lotus Thai Grille. You can see more restaurants and things to do and reviews to go along with them on Treasure Realty's blog at treasurerealty.com/topsailnews/…. Hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving on Topsail!

Hillsborough, North...
Level Contributor
75 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Surf City Restaurants open around Thanksgiving

Thanks to you both for your responses. Glad to know we will have a great variety to choose from . Hope you have a great Holiday Season!

4. Re: Surf City Restaurants open around Thanksgiving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 November 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Surf City
Recent Conversations