We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about a location in Surf City

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
239 reviews
Save Topic
Question about a location in Surf City

Hi all!

We found a house on VRBO pretty close to the intersection of South Topsail Dr. and South Shore Drive. It is a little over a mile from the pier. We've never been to the area and have scoured over google maps and the forum, but was hoping to get confirmation that this is a decent location. Can anyone tell me how the beach is, if it is a particularly crowded time, etc? We'd be there towards the end of July.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Topsail Island
Topsail Island
North Carolina Coast, NC
Yukon, Oklahoma
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about a location in Surf City

we have been vacationing there for 15 years now and if you are talking about 1 mile north of the pier then you are in a great area. your vacation will be a dream . early mornings you may find that you are alone on the beach.same deal around 6-8evenings . All the restaurants are excellent; you can buy fresh shrimp and every kind of fish at the intersection of Topsail and surf city. You're going love this magical place and people

Mentioned in this post
Topsail Island
Topsail Island
North Carolina Coast, NC
Yukon, Oklahoma
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about a location in Surf City

I mile north of the pier is an excellent choice. You will find your self alone on the beach early mornings and late afternoon's. This island is a magical place and the locals are just as friendly as can be.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about a location in Surf City

Thank you, Gandolph! We did rent the house and are very excited to go. Can't wait to explore the area. I've read lots of reviews and posts but if you have any favorite restaurants you would be willing to share I would appreciate it!

Johnson City...
Level Contributor
207 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about a location in Surf City

Hope you have a wonderful Topsail vacation with lots of wonderful memories. We typically vacation at Topsail March and October.We usually stay in North Topsail or Topsail Beach. I am unsure of your house location with description...it sounds to me you would be South of the Surf City Pier. What is the name of your rental.The Surfchex web page has web cam at the Surf City Pier so you can see ocean/beach etc..

Our favorite places to eat are the classic Riverview Cafe/Sneads Ferry. They have been in business several decades. Fresh and Fried seafood . It is nice drive from Topsail...it is in a somewhat out of the way location. I love their pie also. Corner Sweet Shop/Surf City has wonderful pastries and the best cinnamon rolls I have eaten. Sears Landing/Surf City just over the swing bridge...not a huge menu but a good selection. I really like their coconut crab soup and crab cakes...they have their own specialty sauces( Island,Mermaid, Bimini) that really compliments the seafood. New York Deli good sandwiches and all day breakfast. Long Island Pizza..of coarse their Pizza, stromboli, three cheese roll and antipasto salads.

If we have some "bad" weather we will take the short drive in to Wilmington and eat and FIsh Bites...my favorite of all restaurants...great menu and I have yet to be able to try all the things I would like.

Mentioned in this post
Topsail Island
Topsail Island
North Carolina Coast, NC
North Topsail Beach
North Topsail Beach
Topsail Island, NC
Topsail Beach
Topsail Beach
Topsail Island, NC
Surf City Pier
Surf City Pier
169 Reviews
Topsail Island, NC
Riverview Cafe
Riverview Cafe
610 Reviews
Sneads Ferry, NC
Surf City
Surf City
Topsail Island, NC
Bimini
Bimini
Out Islands
Wilmington
Wilmington
North Carolina Coast, NC
Yukon, Oklahoma
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about a location in Surf City

If you all are coming in over the bridge; about 2 blocks before the end stoplight. .on the left is a market for fresh fish etc.if you take a right at the last stoplight go all the way down the island there is at great shop called the gift basket and right across the street is a great restaurant. Try their soups and they have entrées for the kids..just explore...;)

Yukon, Oklahoma
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Question about a location in Surf City

If you all are coming in over the bridge; about 2 blocks before the end stoplight. .on the left is a market for fresh fish etc.if you take a right at the last stoplight go all the way down the island there is at great shop called the gift basket and right across the street is a great restaurant. Try their soups and they have entrées for the kids..just explore...;)

7. Re: Question about a location in Surf City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 January 2015, 20:15
Get answers to your questions about Surf City
Recent Conversations