We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is this Topsail Beach or nearby?

Weaverville, North...
Level Contributor
790 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
is this Topsail Beach or nearby?

We're looking for a beach town, not a high rise/resort area and not just houses on the beach. We'd like somewhere we could leave our car for the most of the week and get to the beach, shops (not necessarily grocery) and restaurant by just walking a short distance. A pier or fishing would be great.

There are so many different towns along the NC coast that I need some help trying to narrow down my options.

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is this Topsail Beach or nearby?

Topsail and Surf City are very close to each other. I personally think that Surf City may meet your needs better, but that is just my opinion.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is this Topsail Beach or nearby?

You will be able to park the car and walk to more shops and eating options in Surf City. Very limited in Topsail Beach, and depending on where you stay, possibly too far of a walk.

NC
Destination Expert
for Raleigh
Level Contributor
738 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is this Topsail Beach or nearby?

I would say Wrightsville Beach is as you describe. There is a grocery store, restaurants, shops, etc. all on the island...within walking distance from most houses (although a hike if you get a place at the far ends of the island). We have a place in WB and rarely leave the island. There are two fishing piers, Johnny Mercer's at the north end of the island and the Oceanic pier at the south end. The bonus is that, if you stay in WB, you can also head into Wilmington to walk the boardwalk on the river, have a nice dinner, see a show, etc. It is a real river city, while WB is a beach town. It is nice to have the option of both.

4. Re: is this Topsail Beach or nearby?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Topsail Beach