We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shark Attack at Topsail Beach

florida
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Shark Attack at Topsail Beach

This young lady was very lucky.

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/teen-carley-schlentz-thought-shark-attack-was-friend-grabbing-her-leg/19535104?icid=main|htmlws-main-n|dl1|link1|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aolnews.com%2Fnation%2Farticle%2Fteen-carley-schlentz-thought-shark-attack-was-friend-grabbing-her-leg%2F19535104

Patio Playground - the Putt-Putt
Theme Parks, Game & Entertainment Centres, Mini Golf
Missiles and More Museum
Natural History Museums, Military Museums
Ecological Marine Adventures
Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Boat Tours, Lessons & Workshops
North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,400 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shark Attack at Topsail Beach

I am surprised it took this long for this story to hit trip advisor, but there is no proof it was a shark attack. I do feel very sorry for the young lady and yes, the doctors think it was shark attack, but the girls story does not say she actually saw a shark.

KABC News is reporting that a 13-year-old North Carolina teen is expected to fully recover after being bitten twice on her left leg while swimming off Topsail Island in North Carolina. Carley Schlentz’s wounds required 60 stitches. While doctors expect her to recover fully, she will be on crutches for the next few weeks and her mother said she may need reconstructive surgery after the wounds heal. The species of shark involved in the attack has not yet been determined.

foxnews.com/us/…

Mentioned in this post
North Carolina
North Carolina
United States
Topsail Island
Topsail Island
883 Reviews
Topsail Island, NC
Topsail Island, NC
Level Contributor
977 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shark Attack at Topsail Beach

topsailvoice.com/articles/2010/07/01/topsail…

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,546 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shark Attack at Topsail Beach

I'll take my chances, Topsail is a beautiful place!

Mentioned in this post
Topsail Island
Topsail Island
North Carolina Coast, NC
Lebanon, Ohio
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Shark Attack at Topsail Beach

Hey there. I've been reading your posts of Topsail. Thanks for your information. I heard there have been 3 shark attacks within 2 weeks or so. True? If so is something going on? I'm nervous now. We'll be there starting this weekend for a week. Thanks, kidpeace

Mentioned in this post
Topsail Island
Topsail Island
North Carolina Coast, NC
5. Re: Shark Attack at Topsail Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Topsail Beach