We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coastline Realty

Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Level Contributor
12 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Coastline Realty

Last year I went to Topsail Island for the first time and I loved it. I stayed at North Topsail Beach, but Treasure Realty was an absolute disaster. Our unit was not cleaned, so we cleaned it ourselves, a/c broken and several other problems. We didn't let it ruin our vacation, but this year we decided to go through Coastline Realty because they also have several rentals in North Topsail Beach. Has anyone else used this company and what kind of experience did you have?

illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Coastline Realty

The businesses on the island have very hospitable staff. I have to say that the waitresses and clerks in every establishment were super friendly, I'm sure it's the culture of that area. The beaches were nice, with well maintained dunes. Overall Topsail Island is a nice place. My family and I made a nice contribution to your local economy even despite the fact that we were personally fleeced by Coastline Realty and the owner of 1419 New River Inlet Road.

illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Coastline Realty

The businesses on the island have very hospitable staff. I have to say that the waitresses and clerks in every establishment were super friendly, I'm sure it's the culture of that area. The beaches were nice, with well maintained dunes. Overall Topsail Island is a nice place. My family and I made a nice contribution to your local economy even despite the fact that we were personally fleeced by Coastline Realty and the owner of 1419 New River Inlet Road.

Chilhowie...
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Coastline Realty

Just got a call from my son saying when he and his fiancé and two more of the six who reserved a rental unit for the week arrived at the rental office, the one paying was asked her age. She stated 21 and was told since she was not 25, she needed to pay $400 more in cash, no credit or debit card accepted. She explained the other two arriving Sunday were 25 and over but to no avail. They had to scrape/pool all their money over or forfeit their reservation with no refund, they also were not given a receipt. I have been researching the website and see no age requirement anywhere. Its after hours so no one is answering but I believed the attendant at the office just robbed this responsible group of young adults who will now have to limit there activities for the week due to this robbery. Makes me want to drive 382 miles, one way, to the rental office to help get their money back or give attendant a $400 a_ _ kicking

illinois
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Coastline Realty

I doubt you'll get the cash back soon- but file a complaint with the BBB. They completely misrepresent themselves and their properties. I would also be VERY careful with the property this week, your kids could get blamed for anything they find when they leave. If anything is broken or non functional they need to call the office to report it, this outfit cannot be trusted. I learned that the hard/expensive way. The only recourse is BBB and any other feedback forum like this. I also let the local Chamber of Commerce know that one of their members is despicable, you should do the same. I hope they get the cash back- that is completely underhanded.

Rock Hill, South...
Level Contributor
2 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Coastline Realty

We had a wonderful experience with Coastline Realty in 2012 and will definitely rent from them again.

Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Level Contributor
12 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Coastline Realty

The horrible experience told by jefstac's post about the bug and mold and so on pretty much describes all my topsail rental experiences. My original post was a few years ago, and I have returned to Topsail using two different rentals, both with experiences so horrible, yet unsurprising. But I do agree about the hospitality. It's a real shame because I love Topsail Island, I love the restaurants, the beautiful beaches, the people. But the rentals are so ridiculously in bad shape with so many chronic problems, like infestations, badly needed repairs, places literally falling apart, owners not paying their bills (yes one time all our utilities were shut off because THE OWNER didn't pay, but even that turned out to be a misunderstanding about property lines or some other BS, not our problem, yet still had no water, no electricity, and no compensation). Anyways, I went to Destin, Florida and got a rental through Southern Vacation Rentals. Imagine my shock and surprise to enter into a clean rental, with no problems, everything working, no bugs, all utilities in working order, no mold, nothing falling apart, just a great, clean vacation rental. Guess that's what a vacation is supposed to be. It was pretty nice.

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,486 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Coastline Realty

I am sorry to again read all of the poor rental reviews! I have suggested before if people just take a few minutes and post a short trip report, to let us know what rental, location, etc. good or bad. (Even food and activity reviews) When renting through a realtor I would also think that my complaints would be taken care of. But on the other side of that theory I know that there are a lot of vacation renal owners who do not care about the upkeep, their main concern is the rental check. So if the realtor is not helping, it may not be entirely their fault, there MIGHT be a "poor" homeowner.

I am not in sales or rentals, just trying to make this easier for all! :)

18. Re: Coastline Realty

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2015, 19:15
Get answers to your questions about Topsail Beach