We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm here...so what do you do in the evenings???????

ohio
Level Contributor
339 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
I'm here...so what do you do in the evenings???????

We got here yesterday...we are in north topsail..other than the beach and the pool in the day there isn't much to do in the evening...we went to surf city to eat but there isn't much there either other than your basic five and dime gift shops of which there are few....

does anyone have any reccommendations on what to do in the evening...we went to sneeds ferry too but doesn't seem there is anything there to do..

thanks

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm here...so what do you do in the evenings???????

We're south of Topsail but here are a few things we do in the evenings:

eat dinner, read

fish, do jigsaw puzzles

watch TV, play dominoes

I hope you didn't think Topsail was like Las Vegas, or even Myrtle Beach!

Western Ireland...
Level Contributor
290 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm here...so what do you do in the evenings???????

Maybe drive to Wilmington, you can find clubs, bars, shopping, bowling or maybe a movie.

ohio
Level Contributor
339 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm here...so what do you do in the evenings???????

well I knew it wasn't like Vegas...and I knew it was more laid back than Myrtle Beach..I just didn't realize there weren't any places to go to...like shopping or attractions etc.

Of course we eat dinner and watch tv and all the othe things I can do at home ..

Maybe we will go to Wilmington like the other poster suggested.

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,525 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm here...so what do you do in the evenings???????

The Belle of Topsail offers cruises out of Surf City. Area bars and restaurants offer Karaoke nights, local DJ's, and trivia challenges. North Topsail has a small Tiki Bar, they sometime have live music, also offers volleyball, and other otdoor games. They also rent bikes.

The Soundside Park in Surf City has outside movie nights, and open air concerts.

as for shopping you will have to go to Willimington or Jacksonville.

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,525 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm here...so what do you do in the evenings???????

Sorry for the above post, I posted from my phone. I will try to put up the links tomorrow.

I hope that you are having a good time.

6. Re: I'm here...so what do you do in the evenings???????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 July 2011, 19:05
US
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I'm here...so what do you do in the evenings???????

Linda, it sounds like you are disappointed. It's hard to end in a vacation spot that is not what you imagined, whether it be too busy or too laid back.

One suggestion I want to make is to try to do some different things during the day so that quiet nights end up being a good thing. Have you ever tried kayaking? Fishing? If you need assistance with these, it will cost you but either one will provide a fun day that will make a quiet evening very appealing. Just a thought.

Also, have you taken the kids on the beach at night and looked for ghost crabs yet?

In the Country, NY
Destination Expert
for Surf City
Level Contributor
3,525 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I'm here...so what do you do in the evenings???????

I forgot to add walking on the beach in the moonlight, a whole different look.

We went on one of the maiden Pirate voyages this spring and had a blast! They sail out of Surf City, righ by the light.

http://www.belleoftopsail.com/

We use to go to this place for great food, but I think now they are focusing more on the nightlife. It's right across from the CVS in Sneads Ferry.

http://loreleipubandgrill.com/

This has always been a great restaurant, but at times there is a wait, even with a line going out the doors. As you can see on their web page they do offer some sort of entertainment in the evenings. I have always recommended Rick's, not because of the food or atmosphere, but because they honestly and generously give back to the community.

http://eatatricks.com/

I can't find a link for the Palm Tree Market, I do know that they have a Facebook page that has some info on it. They are located on North Topsail, and as I said before they offer beach style volleyball, and an assortment of differnt games to play at the Tiki bar. Also they have a very small convenient store where they rent out bicycles.

We like to visit most of the area parks, as most of them have docks or walkways out on the sound, very different than where we are from. I have heard great reviews of movie in the park, and I see they have concerts also. Looks like this week they are showing one of my favorite movies. Oh and it's free!

http://surfcity.govoffice.com/index.asp?Type=B_EV&SEC={F33BC99E-5CD6-4E5B-952D-B6CA696D55EF}

As mentioned above, for any real serious shopper you will have to go to nearby Wilmington or Jacksonville, and there you will also find much more night entertainment.

I hope this helps you, and i hope that Topsail doesn't disappoint you.

9. Re: I'm here...so what do you do in the evenings???????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Topsail Beach