We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coastline Reality

Pittsburgh...
1 post
Save Topic
Coastline Reality

We have been going through Coast line for years and this year by far was the worst experience we have had. The unit we rented was not clean at all, we had bug problems (ants all in the cabinets) that we had to call twice about. There were broken items, they never had linens when we arrived and had to do a follow up call. All the vent in the has had dist and dirt all around them on the ceiling, some doors would not lock and needed a board to keep them secure. A dresser was broke, many light bulbs were out and out of reach. They sent a maintenance man who never returned. The worst of it was we asked to speak to the broker and to this day have not had one phone call from him. All we got was the feeling of, well we already have your money and we really do not care if you return, these units will just be rented by the next person.

I do not understand, that I choose to pick a newer place and pay higher fees to have a VERY clean unit. We understand that there are families out there that just trash the houses and do not care but there are few of us who will take care of someone else's house. We are so disappointed in this customer service and if I had my way, I would spend a week in front of their office warning everyone that shows up.

The cleaning crews need to be set to a higher standard and not just bang them out for a fast turn around. I can not believe the ones who inspect these units lets things like this fly, says a lot about their own standards.

Completely pissed off about how they have valued me as a returning customer year after year after year.

We stayed a Carigan Place - 33 Porpoise Place and my message to the owner that lives in NC 1 star...........

North Carolina
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coastline Reality

I feel your pain. We rented from Coastline Realty this spring and had the same lack of courtesy and customer service. It took several days of constant calling to finally get problems taken care of. The broker ignored our requests to speak to him. After finally getting a message to the property owner through the cleaning crew, the broker spoke to us and was rude and abusive to me on the telephone. He seemed to resent the fact that we wanted his office to communicate with us and fix the problems we had with the house. NEVER AGAIN!

Edited: 25 July 2012, 03:47
2. Re: Coastline Reality

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Topsail Beach