We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wilmington Hotel on the beach?

Kentucky
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Wilmington Hotel on the beach?

Does anyone have any good experiences with hotels that are on the beach in Wilmington?

Thanks!

NC
Destination Expert
for Raleigh
Level Contributor
749 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wilmington Hotel on the beach?

Just to clarify, Wilmington is a city on a river. There are all the many chains in town, as well as many great B&B's in the historic district. The only major hotel on the river in Wilmington is the Hilton which is, I think, fine, but not fabulous. Do a search, as there are many recent posts on this.

If what you are really asking is "are there any good hotels at Wrightsville Beach", the closest beach to the City of Wilmington, then I would point you first to the Holiday Inn Sunspree. Great place, the only complaint I have heard on here is that it is pricey these days. Do a search, as there have been many post on hotels at WB and people have recommendations for others, based on various criteria (want low priced, want kitchen, etc.)

Outer Banks, NC, USA
Level Contributor
49 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wilmington Hotel on the beach?

Also check Carolina Beach and Kure Beach, about 20-30 min south of Wilmington. Both have a number of mom -and-pop motels, as well as a Courtyard (Marriott). These beaches have more affordable lodging in general than WB. I suggest going to Google Maps, zeroing in on WB, CB, and KB, and typing "motels" in the map search bar. There are reviews under most listings.

See my other postings for comparisons of WB and CB/KB.

Raleigh, NC
Level Contributor
526 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wilmington Hotel on the beach?

Yeah, Wilmington is not a beach city, it's a river city. The nearby beach towns are Wrightsville, Carolina and Kure Beaches. All have beachfront motels and hotels.

VaNC: There's a second riverfront hotel in downtown Wilm: a Best Western. But Hilton is closer walking distance to everything, however.

4. Re: Wilmington Hotel on the beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 18:17