We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wilmington to Myrtle Beach

Which Wilmington hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Wilmington to Myrtle Beach

We are traveling from Wilmington down to Myrtle Beach. I am wondering if a stop in Ft Fisher for the aquarium and then taking the ferry from Ft Fisher to Southport and down to MB is too far out of the way?

THANKS

florida
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Wilmington to Myrtle Beach

It is some out of the way. If you have a lot of time I would do it. The ferry ride is nice. There is a civil war site at Fort Fisher that is interesting. I would say do it.

Wilmington, NC
Level Contributor
345 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wilmington to Myrtle Beach

To save time..go see FT Fisher the fort itself and opt to not tour the aquarium (its pretty small) and do the ferry/ southport route if ya have time.

Oxford, UK
Level Contributor
80 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wilmington to Myrtle Beach

Its a pretty nice detour and the ferry makes a nice break from driving. I'd go for the aquarium over Fort Fisher, but I guess it depends on whether American or natural history are more your thing.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wilmington to Myrtle Beach

Thanks for the help, my young son will enjoy the aquarium and the ferry ride.

florida
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Wilmington to Myrtle Beach

Make sure to bring some bread or crackers to feed the seagulls on the ferry. Your son will love that.

6. Re: Wilmington to Myrtle Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 20:20
Get answers to your questions about Wilmington
Recent Conversations